Help "The archive : rectools.tar.gz was not found on /sdcard/"

Last Updated:

1. Davi

Davi Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am attempting to install Galaxo and i got this message when trying to boot into the system recovery. It says:
    "The archive : rectools.tar.gz was not found on /sdcard/"

And I know I put RECTOOLS.tar directly i the phones sd card from the computer
    what should I do, im not very technical so take it easy :p
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

You really should post this in the "rooting" subsection of the forum.

That aside, can you please answer these questions? (I'm trying to help)

Are you having the i7500 or i7500L model ?
    Can we assume you're following the 'upgrading to galaxo' guide on the forums?
    http://androidforums.com/i7500-all-things-root/72037-easy-guide-updating-galaxo.html

The file should be "RECTOOLS.tar.gz" - if the extension is missing, I'm worried that you did something wrong. :(

Also, from where did you get your galaxo image?

-chronodekar

3. Davi

Sorry about posting in the wrong place, its been a very long night.
    The phone is an i7500
    Yes im trying to upgrade
    yes ive just checked and the file is RECTOOLS.tar.gz
    This is the guide I followed [Galaxy i7500] Easy guide for updating to Galaxo! | Android Wiki I think the image was from Drakaz.

when I boot in recovery it says this:

The archive: rectools.tar.gz was not found on /sd card/

This small recovery allow you to upload the rectool.tar.gz. archive on/ sdcard/
    using adb
    when the upload was done, reboot again in recovery mode

I dont really understand what to do here

4. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

If your phone is connected to computer, go to recovery mode, open cmd.exe in your computer, go to folder where you put your files RECTOOLS.tar.gz and recovery (Usually it is C:\android-sdk-windows\tools ) and type "adb push RECTOOLS.tar.gz /sdcard/" (without " " again:)) and after type "adb shell sync". Restart phone. Voila!

5. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Whats ur current version of baseband
    Are you on 1.5/1.6

6. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

I hope you downloaded the Android SDK like from that guide. when you extract it, you'll find a directory called "tools". You need to open up the windows command line and move to the folder location. From there, follow the instructions to "flash" the recovery image, as indicated on the guide.

Hope all goes well for you !!

-chronodekar

7. Davi

It says" C:\android-sdk-windows\tools is not recognised as an internal or external command, program or batch file

8. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Go for GalaxyUpdater (Donated version) by Drakaz. It's the easiest way to get it done. Noob friendly app. :D

Now about this, either you don't have adb drivers installed (maybe I'm wrong).
    C:\android-sdk-windows\tools this must be your location of the SDK, just type ind cmd (command prompt) first cd.. (2x) until you get something like this C:\, then type cd android-sdk-windows\tools then you will see C:\android-sdk-windows\tools then type adb push RECTOOLS.tar.gz /sdcard/" (without " " again:)), off course if you already have the file in the folder. If then some error appears then I presume you don't have adb driver installed.

ADVICE: Go for GalaxyUpdater by Drakaz app, off course donated version so you can mode your phione without the adb commands anymore. Like I said, that app is noob friendly. ;)

9. Davi

Thanx for the help, ya all stars :)

samsung.. you are a bunch of big stinking dog dick suckers...update our phones ya bastards..we know ya watching :D

r3dpuma likes this.
  10. Davi

when I type "adb shell sync" it says "error: device offline" (im in debug mode btw)

When I type "adb shell sync" with debug off it says "error: device not found

When I plug my phone in to my pc, my phone doesnt show up as a device in the list, the only time it is recognised is in debug mode and it is listed as "ADB testing interface" This is very annoying as I have been trying to update to 1.6 galaxo for a while now and im stuck with a phone that can only go onto the net when wifi is on the 3g and 2g stmbol has gone from the screen grrr

:(

11. Davi

Any ideas ?