Help the Devs with Froyo!!!

1. RageXicity

RageXicity Well-Known Member

Do this by NOT updating your ally to froyo using the LG Mobile Updater. Every person that does is one less person that could have caught the OTA that the Devs want to make froyo more enjoyable for us SOONER. We all have talked about the Ally getting froyo for just about the phones entire life. Now that its here, the devs need our help.

If you get a OTA DO NOT INSTALL IT!!!

What To Do If You Get An OTA!!!

1) First off DO NOT INSTALL RIGHT AWAY!!!
    2) Pick "Install Later" if it asks you if you want to install
    3) Go to #ally chat and talk to either:
    • RageXicity|Rage-X
    • dots|dotsa
    • Trident_
    • Savoxis
    • death2all110|D2A|AFK
    • or any operator

you can download it but Don't install it. Us in IRC have been looking for the first with the OTA. You could be that vital person we need. If you get the OTA come in IRC #ally

Thank you kindly

Advertisement
  2. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

I'm working on it right now. I took my phone back to stock, installed all the updates up to VZC and now i'm just sitting and waiting for the VZD update notice. Guess that one takes longer than the other ones because they popped up right away. I can only wait about another hour though, then I gotta get to bed.

Just out of curiousity, how do you download it without installing it?
  3. RageXicity

When it asks you to install it just pick "install later"
  4. Matt's 175

Matt's 175 Well-Known Member

I wish I wouldn't have been so quick to update mine. Made the wrong 'on the spot' decision.
  5. flyinjoe13

Doesn't look good for getting the update notice tonight. Been waiting almost 2 hours with no luck and I got to hit the pillows. If no one has gotten it for you tomorrow, i'll try again. Please post here if you get it so I don't waste the time trying.
  6. Lilg37

Lilg37 Well-Known Member

i updated last night with the ota
    i woke up at about 3 am with the notice and like guy above made the on the spot desicion.. is there a possibilty to get acsess to this update after the instilation.. if so plz contact me and ill gladly give the devs my help (if needed)
    been wanting to develope a rom off the froyo but havent found the right software
  7. ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03 Well-Known Member

Can you not use an nandroid backup of the 2.2 update?
  8. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

No, we have tried that, there are criticial files that we need to extract from the OTA that we cant access through LGMU
  9. flyinjoe13

Boy, I thought for sure i'd get the update notice by now. I must be low on the list for the update cause i'm still waiting.
  10. Matt's 175

Try dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (send) and see if that works.
  11. flyinjoe13

I did try that already, like 4 times since last night. It worked for getting the notices about V8, VZB and VZC, but the VZD update notice is MIA. Probably because it's being pushed to everyone, where as the other ones most people had already gotten, so it's going to take longer.
  12. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

this may have already been answered somewhere else, but do you have to go back to stock in order to get the OTA update? If not, I still haven't gotten it and will be more than glad to supply y'all (if you tell me how) with it once I get it.
  13. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

math what rom u using
  14. RageXicity

Updated the Thread!!
  15. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Ok So isnt it possible that they see we want the OTA and they will not push it now because they know we want it?

Delete this post if yall want. Or ask me and I will edit it out if needs be
  16. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

17. neightwulf

neightwulf Well-Known Member

Silly question ... I'll still receive the OTA (but not be able to install it) on Velocity 0.4, yes? Only reason I ask is that I don't get the "checkin: success" line in the notification bar when trying to checkin.
  18. Robo1007

Robo1007 Well-Known Member

Guys i might be wrong so don't quote me on this but when you do the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (send) then when it says success go to settings -> about hpone -> and update and see if it comes through :)
  19. RageXicity

No lol it still is pushed

Velocity .4 the OTAs need to be turned on through Terminal
    neightwulf likes this.
  20. Matt's 175

LOL.... they are going to downgrade us to 1.6 now.
  21. neightwulf

Whoops, never noticed that in the scripts. Thanks; got them turned on and checkin now reports success.

Unfortunately I'm "up to date" ...
  22. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Even though you do checkin sucess doesn't mean theres an ota for you. If there was an ota waiting for you there was a good chance it would download.
  23. neightwulf

Oh I realize I'm still at Google's mercy. Just became concerned when checkin didn't appear to be working at all (due to my not realizing OTAs were turned off by default in Velocity 0.4).
  24. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Ok so are we still lookin for a ripped ota? Cuz I got ota dissabled on velocity0.4. I'm patient for the wait for a good rom.
  25. NickAVV

NickAVV Active Member

I turned OTA on in Velocity 0.4, and will let you know as soon as I get anything.