• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help the forums by seeding firmware torrents

check your torrent client to see if it's downloading...sometimes it does that with magnet links

LMAO I'm so stupid.... Wasn't working because there's no client on this computer I'm using, uTorrent is on my laptop. Anyway, I'm seeding C, DL'ing D,E,F. We definitely need more seeders and it's gonna be a while before I have them :D

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0
If you're using Utorrent:

Right click the torrent, press properties and under seeding goal change it to this:
2281u

Upvote 0
although a nice idea in theory I doubt it will ever get anywhere like you would like it too.

We tried torrents on upps with pip and it just never catches on, people jump in and seed at first and then move on to something else and forget all about it.

A better solution is for someone with a good hosting site account on dev-host, android file host, or goo.im etc upload it. That way its there for all to download even after you all have moved on to other things. ;)

Upvote 0
although a nice idea in theory I doubt it will ever get anywhere like you would like it too.

We tried torrents on upps with pip and it just never catches on, people jump in and seed at first and then move on to something else and forget all about it.

A better solution is for someone with a good hosting site account on dev-host, android file host, or goo.im etc upload it. That way its there for all to download even after you all have moved on to other things. ;)

We'll leave the torrents and other downloads up. If in the long run it doesn't work here, then it doesn't work here. :)

I'll upload to goo later, thanks :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones