help: To many unrooting options. Which is the easiest for my situation.

Last Updated:

1. joeshmoefromid

joeshmoefromid New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi*there,*I*used*the*website*root(or*not*root)*unrevoked.com. I say not root because on some sites I see it says that it is not really a root. Well whatever the case I am alot better at jailbreaking my ipod then I am at rooting my android. This is all like learning a new language to me. *So I have not done anyhing else but use the unrevoked website tool to root my evo and download a few apps. I have not done anything with nandroid or the roms. *Just when I had some time to sit down and try to learn a little bit about Androids OS I dropped it. Just one time and the cheap a** screen broke. I do have insurance but I haven't put the claim in just yet. I still have full use of my screen but the shards of glass are coming out quick and Id like to restore as quick as possible before the screen dies completely. *So i was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the best step to take next was.***I have not downloaded any paid apps and I do not care about keeping any of my settings,contacts or calender events because they are all synced with google. So my main concern is just restoring my evo back to the factory settings with as little evidence of a prior root as possible. I know that there are tutorials up above but with my situation of not needing to save the current rom onto his device I was hopeing that someone could explain to me, in newb language, of what steps are best for me. Thank you in advance for any help.*

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

3. joeshmoefromid

joeshmoefromid New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. as i said before i'm quite new to the android platform. so when you say just ope ruu file i'm really not sure if i should just run it or where i should place it. i have removed the unrevoked.com application and i also uninstall the super users permissions application. I any application that i recieved from the root process.i have tried to download some apps that require a root and they tell me that my phone is not rooted. do you think that this will be good enough for me to return the phone to sprint? thanks again for your reply it's people like you that spread the knowledge and help the little guys like me learned a trick or 2 .