Help to root froyo 2.2 with newest update

Last Updated:

1. cloud11

cloud11 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have a desire which is updated to froyo and has the new 2.10.405.2 update which is OTA installed on it ( not to sure what the update was for something about RUS keyboard) anyway I was wondering if any of this will effect me rooting my phone and if it is worth rooting seeing as I already have froyo with sense but I was thinking stick vanilla froyo on there to make it faster or a different rom, will doing this make my phone faster and less prone to crashing sense all the time which is what happens now.

Also any risks involved with rooting froyo?

Sorry for the noob questions 1st android fone after 10 nokias

Also I have a fully unbranded desire and can sumone suggest a good rom to flash?

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

There are risks involved as its not 100% fool proof, but loads of us have rooted our phones & will recommend doing so.
    You will have access to loads of custom roms which are tweaked & optimized, these tend to run faster than stock as well as keeping sense.
    Vanilla versions will run faster as they have no overlay, Defrost & opendesire are 2 of the better non sense roms.
    You will have to check your boot loader version & also need to know if your screen is slcd or amoled.
    To find your hboot version turn phone off & turn back on while holding the back button.

Read the following link it will help.

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/180031-faq-hboot-rooting.html

3. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You can root that version with the new unrEVOked, its up to you whether you need to root though...

4. cloud11

cloud11 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a amoled no idea about my boot loader how do I check