Help to root my ZTE phone

Last Updated:

1. ratonsincola

ratonsincola New Member

Helo, I've tried Z4root, superuser, gingerbreak and orin to root my ZTE phone running under android 2.3.5 but without success. When I've tried with programs, it keeps searching and searching but nothing happens. So I tried with Orin but when typing adb reboot download, it says access denied. I've search a lot but haven't come to another way to root my phone. Any ideas how to do it.

Advertisement
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums! Rooting is phone specific, especially on the newer versions of Android. You need to tell us exactly what model of ZTE you have before we will be able to help.
  3. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Hello ratonsincola
    You can try the new Super One Click based on zergrush exploit instead of Gingerbreak
    shortfuse.org
    Other than that ,you will have to wait for newer exploit since google has patched almost all exploits .

Odin is Samsung only tool and download mode is reserved for samsung phones so your ZTE phones dont support Download Mode

If you can provide what phone you are using ,I link you to the appropriate ATR section .
  4. ratonsincola

ratonsincola New Member

It's the ZTE N762. I also tried super one click and doesn't work. Thanks for your help
  5. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

I have the same problem of not being able to root my ZTE android phone and would welcome any help in the world that I can get in rooting this phone. Here are the details of the phone:
    Model #: ZTE U880s2
    Android version: 2.3.5
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 #6
    Software version: U880s2V1.0.0B02
    Hardware version: MBV1.0

That's the information about the phone I want to root, I will appreciate any help to root this phone, thanks.
  6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you have clockwork mod already
  7. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

I don't know what "clockwork mod" is, but I don't think I have it. If you can walk me through it, I would appreciate. I am stuck with this rooting of thing. Most of the APPS are in Chinese both the browser. I want to uninstall all of them and replace with English APPs.
  8. BRAINZ2013

Which apps are you referring to that are in a different language
  9. BRAINZ2013

This will help you understand rooting

http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone

This will tell you about clockwork mod

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1587607

I will post the special clock work mod u need for your device
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. world_records

world_records Member

chisco2000 likes this.
  11. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

Thanks that worked to root my ZTE U880s2. Now that I have the phone rooted, how do I remove all the APPs in Chinese and replace them with English ones? Help please I don't know much about this stuff
  12. BRAINZ2013

You can't change the app you can only delete or freeze I think freeze them cause they maybe system app . do you have Google play store
  13. BRAINZ2013

14. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

The URL wasn't found. I installed the Google play store but each time I click to open it, it tells me to first "add an account to the device." Where in the device? I have no idea! I do have a gmail account but I don't what add an account to device implies
  15. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

I need help please on how to install a working Google play store apk package. I installed google play store and each time I click on it to open, it says that I need to add an account to the device, do you want to add it now? Yes or No! If I click on yes, it close and nothing else happens. What's going on? How do I fix this please?
  16. chisco2000

chisco2000 Member

Do I need to install a different Rom in this ZTE U880S2? Someone suggested installing "Swedish Snow RLS7" that it is the best Rom for ZTE. How is this done? I have no idea of any of this, could someone more knowledgeable help me out here? Thanks!