HELP!!!! touch screen does nothing HELP!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

The phone powers up and goes to the lock screen with the slide bar but the touch screen is completely unresponsive. It was working then said camera was unresponsive. force close and from then on nothing. what can I do? I just got the phone a week ago.

Advertisement
  2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Have you rooted the device? That sounds like a kernel error. Either that or somerhing with the touchscreen is truly messed up.
  3. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

No I haven't rooted it. to be honest I have know idea what I'm doing. I see root all the time, but have no idea what it means.
  4. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

In addition to the touch screen issue, I just realized that when the phone is called it does not ring or vibrate now. It does however show a green phone symbol on the status bar. After the call is over though there is no missed call symbol. Texting will chime in and the text symbol stays in the status bar.
  5. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

That's some serious errors. You may be able to return it for a replacement.
  6. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

They replaced it.
    Thanks
  7. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Return it.

Root only means that you have access to the root directory of the phone's file system. With root you can make major changes to the phone.
  8. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

With root will I be able to free up internal memory on the phone? There are alot of programs on the phone that I never use, and will never use.
  9. kidpakman

kidpakman Active Member

Is this something I should be doing? As far as not knowing what I'm doing. I don't want to mess my phone up. I am pretty good with figureing things out, and can usually find the answers. But kinda get lost sometimes with all of the program talk.
  10. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

To me it is a good idea but I know those that would mess their phone up. You would be able to get rid of the apps you don't want unless another app you do want needs it.
  11. cwwilson721

cwwilson721 Well-Known Member

The basic rule of thumb for Rooting is:
    If you DON'T know what or why you are doing it, DON'T.

Why? Because you can render your phone into a "brick", that cannot be restored. (Not REAL likely with this series of phones, but IS possible)

Before you try to root the phone, ask yourself: "Do I want to buy another?", because odds are, you WILL violate the warranty. If you "brick" it, you are on your own...