Help tracking down performance issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hiya,

Running stock JC6 here. I've been experiencing intermittent slowdown issues with the phone of late. Quite often I get the "(application) is not responding [force close] [wait]" dialogue, if you click 'wait' it carries on without issue a few seconds later. Some apps are painfully slow to launch, or scrolling has pregnant pauses, basically it handles like an underspecced PC.

Now, I'm reasonably sure that it's some misbehaving app or other that's causing the problem, and I'm fairly confident that a hard reset will fix it. However, I'd like to get to the root cause so that I don't hit the same issue when I put all my applications back on following a rebuild.

Short of laborious trial and error (add an app, try it for a few days, add another...), is there any way I can interrogate the phone to see what it's doing? Is there a performance monitor app which shows CPU / RAM usage per-application perhaps?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

3. Cougar

OS Monitor looks like it might do what I need. I'll have a look, ta.

4. Cougar

Well, the OS Monitor works, but didn't really help as I couldn't run the app and replicate the problem at the same time. I guess really it needs an external monitor - logcat perhaps?

However, I've now fixed the issue thanks to a couple of prods in the Galaxo threads. Seems the culprit was Advanced Launcher, uninstalled it and we're back to normal.

Thanks for the help anyway, just thought I'd post back and report in case anyone else has similar issues.