1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[HELP]Tried installing ROM, now phone wont start?

1. J4M13

J4M13 Member

I've been installing a few rom's recently using Rom Manager, my phone is rooted, I tried installing one, it downloaded and when I clicked wipe data & cache and ok, nothing happened... So I removed my battery and tried to start phone, and no start. Is there any way I can format my phone and then start again?

Please help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

did you make a nandroid backup before applying new Rom? If so Can you boot into recovery menu? (hold power and volume - key at boot iirc)
  3. J4M13

J4M13 Member

I didn't make a backup. Now my phone is working for some reason :S But I still want to go back to piraterum rom but can't :( and yes recovery still works.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Always take a backup.

Why can't you go to the other Rom? Error?

You would have better responses if you posted this in the root forum at the top of the page
  5. Uridium

Is it clockwork recovery you have installed? if it is just drop the zipped Rom onto the root of your SD card, boot into clockwork recovery and choose "install Rom from Zip"

I've found it better to do rom installs etc from Recovery menu than rom manager.

Also tip for the future... always backup using Rom manager before reflashing. nice and easy to reflash rom from recovery menu then, just point it to your backup rom zip on the SD card
    J4M13 likes this.
  6. J4M13

J4M13 Member

Thanks a lot, best reply I've had!
    I've now got my phone working running leedroid, but it keeps crashing (android.process) could you recommend a ROM for me to use?
  7. Uridium

I like HTC Sense so use this one. It's fast and stable and with the powersaving pack if you use the 2nd Rom with init.d support good on battery as well.

[ROM] [18/10] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods] - xda-developers

Just drop the rom+Radio onto your SD card and install from recovery menu. Then just install the addons you want one at a time using recovery as well. no need to reboot between mod installs.
    J4M13 likes this.
  8. J4M13

J4M13 Member

Thanks again for your reply.
    Would you mind explaining what a radio is? I'm presuming that it's not the android radio you listen to?
  9. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you should factory reset a device before you apply a rom
  10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Nope, its the radio receiver which you use to connect to your network and make / receive calls. Ot rather its the software that operates it. Like a driver for hardware on a computer
    J4M13 likes this.
  11. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

totaly agree.... i had the same problem with leedroid at the start. after a bit of advice on makeing sure it was factory reset properly leedroid works great now....

all thanks to rastamans help:D