• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP-Tried Recovery Reboot, Red Triangle w Exclamation Mark on Phone Icon Screen!

jarves

Dec 13, 2010
Hi,

I have the same problem. Red triangle with exclamation mark when trying to go to recovery. When I go to Factory Reset, it justs displays the sync icon then boots with htc logo and the screen goes black.

Before this I tried upgrading to ICS from HTC website and the upgrade process says its complete. Then the phone reboots to a black screen. My unit by the way is HTC Desire S.

I really need help on this one as this is my only phone.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem. Red triangle with exclamation mark when trying to go to recovery. When I go to Factory Reset, it justs displays the sync icon then boots with htc logo and the screen goes black.

Before this I tried upgrading to ICS from HTC website and the upgrade process says its complete. Then the phone reboots to a black screen. My unit by the way is HTC Desire S.

I really need help on this one as this is my only phone.

Thanks!

hello and welcome to AF!!!!!!

just an fyi, you posted in the htc evo 4g forum. we do have the HTC Desire S - Android Forums forum.

now is your phone rooted? the red triangle is just to let you know that you have a stock recovery and you do not have access to it. this is normal. i'm not too sure about your phone however. maybe try and run the update again.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I already posted on the htc desire s section. Yes my phone is rooted with cwm recovery. I tried running the update again but still the same result. By the way, will the wwe ruu work on my country? Im from the philippines.

Thanks!
well i do not see any posts in the desire s root forum from you so i'm gonna move you over there if that is ok with you. peeps here will not know anything about your phone. i know it is not the most active forum.

wait you said you have cwm, right? you should not be getting the red triangle and exclamation mark.

edit: ok i moved you here now. hopefully folks who have your device can help you out better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones