• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! tried to backup w/ rom mgr, now stuck

Hitch_Itch

Jun 18, 2010
I just tried to backup using rom mgr. I wanted to do this because its a good configuration setup with my current skyraider 3.5 rom

my screen is in clockworkmod recovery screen, it shows the following,
there might not be enough free space to complete backup...continuing...
backing up boot...
backing up recovery...
error while dumping recovery image!
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log
please open rom manager to report the issue.

I cant get off this screen, at the top I have
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced

reboot system now is highlighted, when I press the power button, nothing happens, I can use volume up/down to highlight the other stuff
i dont know what to do, so before I do the WRONG thing and brick it, someone tell me what I need to do
Help,
thanks
Ken

battery pull? then when it boots up go in and clear the SD card so it has plenty of room

well by TOTAL ACCIDENT I pressed in on the trackball and it rebooted, I dam near pooped myself, it rebooted normally, thank god, i looked at my sd card with asto file mgr, There is SO much stuff on there I dont know what to remove

I see
.kayakimages, I unistalled kayak awhile ago, Is that left over crap I can remove?
LOST.DIR the folder is empty?
rosie_scroll the folder is empty?
taptalkxda_download the folder is empty?
tunnybrowser ?
twc-cache ?
downloads file is empty?

Upvote 0
Might want to see if you have a bunch of past ROM Manager backups on the SD Card in the "clockworkmod" folder. Those can take up a fair amount of space. If you find that there are a bunch, you can transfer them from the SD card to someplace on your computer as an archive and then delete all except the ones you want the most (maybe the last couple?) from the SD card. Depending how often you do a ROM manager backup (=nandroid backup), there could easily be several GB of data in that folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones