Help! Trouble with POP3 email for ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Shinstorm

Shinstorm New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, here we go... Please help me with my sanity on this. First off, I love the Eris; it's a great phone! However, I had an issue setting up my work email account, which is a POP3. I went to the Verizon store and they were able to get everything working. Because of my business I get tons of emails. The problem is that after I walked out of the Verizon store after they set up the account for me, I stopped receiving emails on my Eris. I still have them coming in as usual on my office computer though. I tested the Eris today to see if I could send an email, and it can. I've refreshed the email account on the Eris multiple times an hour, but still no emails show up. Also, when I looked at my email account on my Eris this morning, the old emails that I downloaded in the Verizon store are now gone! What is happening here? Am I missing something simple?

And on a somewhat unrelated issue, does anyone know the settings for a Hotmail email account... like server settings and so forth?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm just guessing, so this may be way off base. But if your work email removes the email from the server and stores it on your local machine there wouldn't be any email for the Eris to find. With your work email turned off try sending yourself a message to see if the Eris will pick it up.

3. Shinstorm

Shinstorm New Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately not. I even administrate the email at my office. There's only three of us. I can see your point though; if my work email was removing the emails, then the Eris would have troubles. Since it doesn't there's still some other problem happening. Thanks for the help though!

4. onetonk5

onetonk5 Member

My eris only shows the emails that I have not downloaded on windows mail...if its off I will get them on my phone, but if I read receive them on windows mail they dissapear from my phone...really annoying.