• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help trying to run windows app on One X

looland

Lurker
Oct 27, 2013
Hi,

It is great to be here!!

I am not sure if this is the correct category for this post..

My friend has written an app that I have downloaded to my pc (running windows 8) and it sounds my system alarm whenever he starts typing. The only problwm is that it only works on a windows OS.

I would really love to be able to use the app on my HTC ONE X phone.

I downloaded the app to my phone, but immediately my phone brings up an alert saying that it "cannot find an app to open the content, download anyway?"

so right now i cannot use the app on my phone. Does anyone know of any apps that could be used to open it? Would I need to dualboot a windows OS onto my phone to enable it to work?

thank you so much everyone, i really look forward to being here:)

windows phone cant run windows programs... that would be like saying android phones can run linux programs, its the wrong architecture

simply put theyd have to rewrite it for your chosen architecture and os

windows can be run on android in a virtual machine, but its ungodly slow and unusable, basically just a proof of concept kinda thing, prove it can be done but its nothing but a parlor trick really

tell your friend to learn java and remake it for cross platform then convert to an apk which is mostly just java

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones