Help turn old evo into a PDA

Last Updated: 2012-12-13 22:54:48
  1. drparton21

drparton21 Active Member

Hello,

I've been rocking the Evo LTE since its launch, but I still have my old Evo 4G lying around.

I intended to flash it with a custom ROM and give it to my girlfriend for her to use basically as an iPod touch replacement, but I've run into a bit of a snag.

Equipment that is in play-- Evo LTE, Evo 4G, Airvana Airrave.

I noticed that most of my text messages and calls don't seem to come through on my LTE if the Evo 4G is on. I believe this is due to the fact that the Evo 4G still has my phone number listed as its phone number-- I think it is confusing the Airrave.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? If so, what extra steps do I need to take? Is there a way to make it NOT have my number stored in it, or (ideally) turn off the cell radio altogether?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

did you get a different number for the lte? your evo should be inactive if you switched over to the lte.

also the airave works with any Sprint phone - as many as three at once according to Sprint.

can you make calls on your lte?
  3. a71mach

a71mach Member

tube517, Mikestony and ocnbrze like this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

ocnbrze and tube517 like this.
  5. drparton21

drparton21 Active Member

Thanks for the help, guys!

ocnbrze -- You're correct in that the Airrave can support up to three phones, however I think I might have communicated the problem poorly. I do have the same number, and the Evo 4G is deactivated... But when both the LTE and the Evo are powered on, I don't seem to receive calls or text messages (even though I flashed to Nitrous Rom). I do appear to be able to place them.

I'm going to run through and give some of the roms you guys suggested a try, and see if those help :)
    ocnbrze likes this.