help turn on portable wifi hotspotSupport

1. caameronn

caameronn New Member

Ok , So im trying to turn on my Portable Wifi Hotspot for my android phone. And whenever I click Turn On. A message appears and says "to enable portable hotpot on this phone, go to att.com/mywireless " . So I went there and signed up and everything. Now it says I have to link the account I made ( At&t Account) , to my At&T Wireless Account and enter my Wireless number ... and I dont even know what that is ! So can someone please show me where I can get a Wireless Account and Number ?

Advertisement
  2. droopies

droopies Well-Known Member

If you're on AT&T, it's your account number...I believe they charge extra for using it as a hotspot. If you're on Straight Talk or something else, it won't work. You'll have to root and use a third party hotspot app.
  3. Rsccman

Rsccman Member

or howbout plug the phone in to the computer using usb and tyou can tether that way
    IM WITH ATT, its only 2.99 a month to allow hotspot, and you need the 2+gb plan, not the 300mb plan
  4. Tico2013

Tico2013 New Member

Hello
    I have the same problem with the wi-fi hotspot

Any ideas of how to make it work?
  5. droopies

droopies Well-Known Member

I am on Straight talk. Make sure your phone is rooted and install Barnacle from the Play store. Works fine for me.
  6. thrillho123

thrillho123 New Member

If anyone still wants to know how to use the portable hotspot without paying extra for it this is how I did it.

First go to the play store and download quickshortcutmaker(there are no spaces between words) and run it.

Look for a file called settings settings com.android.settings/com.android.settings.tethersettingsNoCheck. Open it and name the shortcut something l like hotspot and hit ok. Run the shortcut you just made and turn the hotspot on.make sure you have a large data plan because it uses allot of data.