Help turning a old tablet into a monitor

Last Updated:

1. veund

veund Member

Hello Everyone

I have been looking all over then net for a solution to this problem

I have a laptop running windows 8 and i found my old ZTE v9 wile cleaning up around the house the other day i had a thought why not turn it into a second display that i can carry around with me in my laptop bag remembering an article i read in APC magazine, so i had a look in the net and read up on a number of apps that can do this idisplay, Air display and so on.

The only issue is that none of the ones i found Support windows 8 yet. so i was wondering if anyone knew of any other software that is compatible with windows 8 and android 2.3.7 that could help me out in this aspect.

I don't actually need the tablet anymore because i have a Galaxy s2 that I'm more than happy using for all my portable needs. I'm just goint to use this tablet to play around with so i dont feel as tempted to play around with my S2, well as much anyway.

regards Veund

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

3. veund

veund Member

Yeah the programs that connect the windows and android os's together don't utilize that using the trial of iDisplay i was able to get it working in a windows XP vm over WiFi but not in windows 8 it just times out