HELP two different lock screens

Last Updated: 2013-01-14 16:21:37
  1. tiffanyxrenee

tiffanyxrenee New Member

i just switched from apple to android and a friend of mine installed go launcher and all but i didnt like my lock screen so i downloaded widget locker and i love the lock screen i made. but now i have two completely different, separate lock screens and its annoying. i dont know how to make the first one i had go away.

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello tiffanyxrenee and welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on the change to Android. I hope you enjoy your new device. I will leave you two links that might help you resolve your problem. The first is an area where we discuss apps. It might well be the best area for help with your dual screen lock problem. The second link is an area where the S3 people hang out and discuss their phones, exchange tips and tricks, and lend help when another member has a phone problem. I'm sure between the two you can find an answer. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your time here at AF.
    Android Applications - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums
    tiffanyxrenee likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome Tiffany!
    On your S3, go to menu/settings/lock screen/ then set it to "none"
    That should disable the phones lock screen and then you should be able to just use the one you downloaded/customized.
    If that doesn't work, let us know:)

Edit: looks like olbriar beat me to posting some links for ya!
    He's too quick for me sometimes:D
  4. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi tiffanyxrenee:) What model and make of phone do you have? It will help us a lot.:) Also scroll down the front page a little and check out all our sub-forums. We have most android phones and lots of tablets covered!!:D
  5. tiffanyxrenee

tiffanyxrenee New Member

i tried that and it didnt work. the lock screen I'm trying to get rid of i think is from go launcher but i went into those settings and still cant figure it out
  6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey again there Tiffany!
    I moved your thread here so others can help out.
    I see what you are saying now, but I don't use GoLauncher, but I am sure others have and can offer assistance for you:)
    tiffanyxrenee likes this.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

OP, have you poked around the settings for Go? Those replacement launchers are pretty customizable, so there's likely a solution in there. You can also look for an app on your phone called Go Locker, which is Go's version of WidgetLocker. If you have that installed, and your friend very well may have that included that when setting up Go Launcher for you.
    Mikestony and tiffanyxrenee like this.
  8. tiffanyxrenee

tiffanyxrenee New Member

Thank you ryan b! :)
  9. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S3. I use Go Launcher and I can't see anything in Go Launchers Settings about the lock screen. I know I don't have Go Locker installed. I used Mikestony's suggestion and set the lock screen to 'none' but now it just goes straight to the home screen when I push the home button instead of to the Widget Locker lock screen.

Could this be a Go Launcher issue? Maybe I should just switch to Nova.
  10. RyanB

I would recommend the switch based solely on how good Nova is.
  11. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

Do you use widget locker with Nova? Any issues with it similar to what I'm experiencing?
  12. RyanB

No, I just use the launcher. That being said, both are made by the same dev so I highly doubt that you'll experience any conflict between them.
    Pookeysgirl likes this.