help un-syncing facebook on my htc evo 4g!Support

Last Updated:

1. J Crew

J Crew New Member This Topic's Starter

i just bought the htc evo 4g yesterday... and it's an amazing phone! this is my first droid and i already love it a thousand time better than my blackberry touch. i was messing with the sync options last night and selected to sync with my facebook account. i didn't realize that it was going to sync every single persons birthday and anniversary into my calander!!! how the heck to i un-do these facebook calendar events? please help... i have like 300 birthdays in my calendar that i don't want. thanks for the time and help.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Its not a Droid, you are on Sprint not Verizon.

If you just want to clear Facebook from the calendar, go into the calendar, hit Menu-More-Calendars and uncheck Facebook. Oh, and FYI, this has been talked about at least 10 times in the past week on here. Do a search.

3. J Crew

don't be a ****. i did a search and couldn't find it. i hope this forums isn't full of a-holes like yourself.

4. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

All I can see is unchecking Facebook sync but I can't see any way to manage the different parts

5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Haven't used Sense since forever, but you could try going into Settings -> Accounts & Sync and deleting your FB account.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

That would delete his whole facebook account on the phone. I believe he wants Facebook to sync, just not with the calendar.

Sorry if it came off rude, but I did a search for "facebook calendar" in the Evo forum, and found three threads in 5 seconds with the answer to your question. It just gets really annoying having the same few questions asked in a new thread every single day. That's why the search feature is there.

7. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Alright folks, consider this my freebie of the day, but even if someone comes off looking a bit rude, there is no need for name calling as a response. Next time infraction will be given out.

Inappropriate comments have been stricken out.

TS

8. J Crew

apologize for the name calling, its over now. I've already in-since the facebook, but the calendar events are still there. I want to know how to get them gone? Thanks again.

9. dacandroid

dacandroid New Member

I am having the same problem - any answers?

10. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Did you read ANY of this thread?