1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help unlock bootloaderGeneral

1. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

Sign through your phones too people! :D
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Hopefully it works our for you, but I think moto had more to do with the google acquisition than online petitioning
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I am posting a link to this thread on other forums ;) this should help get the signatures we need!
    morgankslade and johnnyolivares like this.
  4. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

Its gonna take a while to get to that number
  5. Anthonycr11

Anthonycr11 Well-Known Member

Maybe if this works, all those poor souls that purchased the unhackable Optimus Elite will get some love.

Signed.
  6. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

We should post that link in every lg device tread
  7. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

Signed , I support and we need more people! , I think that we really need to get LG to do this! Motorola did it well but they are owned by google and Google likes open source so its clearly that they would do that , HTC wont and also Windows Phone is not hard to change at all , I took a look at how they make apps and Its easy and its childs play , Just add things to your game like splender.com its so easy and I tried my game on android with a app on the market , WP to Android Transfer ... Just sayin
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

What do you mean HTC won't??? They have support for people unlocking their bootloaders..I was going to do it for someone, but then he said no because the flashing of the unlocked bootloader erases all the data (like a factory reset).

Go here to unlock an htc bootloader:
    HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader
  9. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

Yeah, as far as I know HTC did attempt to do it at one point. Not sure if it was with the EVO, or the next big phone after that. But they got a bit of a backlash since they basically had the most dev-support at that time so they backed off.
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

In the list I see the EVO 3D, EVO Design, and Evo View 4G.
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

12. Rxpert83

There's plenty of devs who have written scripts to make htcs dev unlock process completely 1 click root. Pretty fancy.

Too bad HTC places restrictions on the unlocked boot loader. Hence why I'm s-off and not HTC dev unlocked
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I don't own an htc phone, what restrictions are on the unlocked bootloader?
  14. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

I signed it and am getting a few friends to sign it.
  15. Rxpert83

For most devices recovery doesn't have access to boot partitions. That means every time you flash a new ROM/ kernel you have to fast boot flash the boot.IMG.

Huge pain. You also can't upgrade radios or firmware without unrooting and taking the ota.

So be careful what you guys wish for. Luckily I don't have to deal with any of that crap(other than providing support;))
  16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Ah, you mean the
    fastboot erase data
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash data rom.zip
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot continue

LG devices are capable of this as well.....but only accessed when something is corrupted/erased...
    Or the LG Optimus M/C/S/U/V is capable of it....probably not the motion....unless it gets unlocked.
  17. Rxpert83

Nah, in this case just a fastboot flash boot boot.IMG command to push the boot.IMG containing the kernel

Its required for any modifications to the kernel.

If a user flashes an aosp ROM without fastboot flashing the kernel the ROM won't boot and they think they've bricked it.
  18. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Did my part. Signed.
  19. jacklebott

jacklebott New Member

Signed and shared with my friends
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Well those are the commands for LG phones...if you don't flash a ROM then there's nothing to load and you'll just have a boot.img bootlooping..
  21. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

em very few LG's use fastboot at all to do jack shyt, esp on our end, LG mobile support tools, LGNPST etcmight] use but I doubt it.

For our uses and purposes we use dd, raw_write, or extract_package to install the boot.img, or any img really.
  22. zasvier89

zasvier89 Active Member

Got er did
  23. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Well-Known Member

24. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Well-Known Member

I signed for you guys, I still have my lg motion. Its not in use right now but I have a lot of love for the lg motion and esteem group so I will give my support.
    morgankslade likes this.
  25. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

+1 signed