help unlocking captivateSupport

Last Updated:

1. pogiewun

pogiewun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hello all. am currently running 2.2 JI6 rooted and am having difficulty unlocking the phone. ive tried several methods and still not successful with the unlock code. i am going to the philippines next monday the 25th and need to unlock it by then. can anyone help me out. the methods ive tried so far are: superoneclick, generate unlock windows, sgs unlock and the terminal emulator method. none have worked so far. the computer im using is running windows 7 64bit. thanks in advanced.

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Call AT&T and tell them you are traveling and need to unlock your phone. My buddy just dis this about a month ago, they gave him the code no problem.

pogiewun likes this.
  3. pogiewun

pogiewun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

dang...i just called AT&T right now and they were unable to give me the unlock code. they said that since the phone had just been released, they cannot provide me with code. they asked for my imei number and said that they couldnt get it with that number. i even told them that a friend was able to get it from AT&T and the rep said that he mostly likely was given a wrong code because the system wont let them give any codes out. lemme try calling again and see what another rep says.

4. melo2006

melo2006 New Member

Hi , i did exactly the same think. I am on 2.2 version on my Captivate and now I cannot get the unlock codes anymore. I tried everyhitng that pogiewun did. I only get the code of FFFFFFFF .. which is not correct.

I called ATT and SAMSUNG 3 times, i talked to their 3rd level support manager and even though they wanted to help me, as I travel a lot overseas they still said that they don't know the unlock codes. I even told them that I wanted to pay for a full price of the Captivate phone , but they just don't have the code.
    As you have seen on other XDA forum threads, the code for each Galaxy S phone is inside the phone, in the file called and located in the root of the phone : /efs/nv-data.bin . I was able to unlock the my captivate phone using the app on the market , but now that I upgraded to 2.2, or even trying to re-flash back to the 2.1, i cannot get good codes anymore. I think that the new 2.2 rewrite the file and even with a new 2.1 still damaged the file... I really need help on unlocking my phone...

Any one has any new idea ? PLEASE HELP ?

5. melo2006

melo2006 New Member

Any one found a solution on how to unlock the samsung captivate after upgrading to android 2.2 yet ?

Please help.