HELP. Unrevoked not installing

1. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Hi, Im fairly new to rooting. I used unrevoked and i ran into a problem. When i go install the update.zip file in recovery it comes up with a installation aborted message. Can this problem be resolved or am i stuck with this?

Advertisement
  2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. What is your hboot version and what version of unrevoked are you trying to run? The current version of unrevoked does not use an update.zip file that I know of.
  3. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Um im using HBOOT 2.10.0001 and the lastest unrevoked.
  4. Xtremedays

When you go to hboot, does it say s-on or s-off?

Did you read and follow the directions in the Rooting for Dummies guide or another tutorial?
  5. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Like I said. Im new to rooting. I might of done a stupid mistake.
  6. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

It says its off.
  7. Xtremedays

As long as you can get to hboot, it is most likely fixable if there is a problem. Just need to go a step at a time and see where you are at and what needs to be done.
  8. Xtremedays

S-off is the first part of Unrevoked. Does your phone boot up like it normally did?
  9. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Ya it boots like it nomally does.
  10. Xtremedays

see if you have an app called superuser in your app drawer. If so, download "terminal emulator" from the market. Open it and type "su" without quotes and see if the $ turns into a #
  11. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

It did and it came up with a request.
  12. Xtremedays

to allow or deny? you want to allow it
  13. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Ok it turned into a #.
  14. Xtremedays

You are rooted then. What were you trying to flash as an update.zip?
  15. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

I dont know man haha. After the unrevoked was done it booted into recovery and said install so i clicked it lol.
  16. Xtremedays

Well, the hard part is done ;)

Have you read the Rooting for Dummies guide? If not, I would suggest that you do along withe the After Rooting section as it will give you steps to flashing roms and making backups. You have just unlocked the potential in your phone. 2 suggestions that I would make.

1) do everything through recovery. It will get your familiar with it and more comfortable in case something does happen and you can't boot up your phone normally.

2) always, always(did I say always) make a nandroid backup before making any changes to your phone. It will give you a good return point if something happens and you can't reboot your phone.

A third suggestion would be to change your recovery to Amon RA. It is more stable and doesn't take much to change over to. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are here to help
  17. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

+1...this is excellent advice.
  18. Muffsprint18

Muffsprint18 Member

Dude, YOU ARE THE BEST. Thanks A LOT!
  19. Xtremedays