• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP - unrevoked: unsupported radio version, but wiki says supported

You say unrevoked finished, but you got that error and you have s-on? You basically have half root, at the moment. It's a known bug with the latest unrevoked. Go to the unrevoked site and download unrevoked forever. Put it on the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery, and flash it. That will give you s-off, which basically the last part of unrevoked3.

Upvote 0
You say unrevoked finished, but you got that error and you have s-on? You basically have half root, at the moment. It's a known bug with the latest unrevoked. Go to the unrevoked site and download unrevoked forever. Put it on the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery, and flash it. That will give you s-off, which basically the last part of unrevoked3.

Thank you very much Akazabam! This worked perfectly for me.

Upvote 0
unrevoked went thru the stanges and said this is a triumph, done. i get the error messages telling me my radio is unsupported. I have s-off tho.
what do I need to change?

You verified in hboot that you have s-off?

1) Turn the phone off, then turn it back on while holding the volume down button to get to hboot. Verify s-off if that's not what you already did.

2) While in hboot, select the option to go to recovery. Do you have a custom recovery (Clockwork, to be specific)?

3) Reboot normally, install a terminal emulator, open it, and type "su" without quotes, then enter. If the prompt changes from $ to #, you're all set.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, wrap beat me to it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones