• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Up Time = Awake Time

hahaha I agree with you to an extent, when I fixed it with the BW fix prior to the hard reset, it would randomly come back as well. I'm going to keep BW uninstalled for a couple of days and see what happens.

Right now I've been unplugged for 3 hours and have 85% battery life, yesterday by this point I believe I was at 70% if not less.

As you said, it's such a pain in the ass if you want to go out and do something, knowing your phone won't make it through, but as long as you can figure out how to get it to sleep, the battery shouldn't be an issue.

Just remember to disable the calendar every time you restart, that makes a huge difference for me. I looked at my "battery sleep usage" via a battery life app, and all day yesterday (after deleting BW) it said Calendar was at 70% of the sleep usage. I disabled it about 20 min after restarting, but left the phone on for the rest of the day and nothing budged that 70%, meaning nothing else used almost any of the battery while the phone was asleep.

Upvote 0
Just remember to disable the calendar every time you restart, that makes a huge difference for me. I looked at my "battery sleep usage" via a battery life app, and all day yesterday (after deleting BW) it said Calendar was at 70% of the sleep usage. I disabled it about 20 min after restarting, but left the phone on for the rest of the day and nothing budged that 70%, meaning nothing else used almost any of the battery while the phone was asleep.
I'll try that tomorrow. If the phone would stay asleep when I wasn't using it I think I could last for 2 days without a charge. (although talking on the phone kills it no matter what) If I catch it quickly enough I win. Otherwise the bug does.

Upvote 0
so i just got this phone yesterday and i look at my about phone ---> battery and it says up time 4:01:17 and my awake is at 1:06:50 is this good or bad? i really dont understand any of this stuff... any help would be good at this point... just dont want to run into the same problems with the battery as others do..i find that i can go almost a whole day without charging my phone. what apps should i uninstall? i saw something about city id and deleting some aps but i tried and it doesnt work... am i doing something wrong or can you simply not delete this? i have maybe 50 things on my phone when you pull up the up button thing to see all aps.... i use the internet for my facebook and then i use navagation when i travel and i use email thats about the extent to my phone usage on this thing... what should i uninstall and how do you do that... like i get the whole hold it down and then drag to delete but it doesnt work on some things... assuming thats because you cant do it... sorry to sound like a noob but its my first phone like this... my last phone was a blackberry pearl 8230 i believe... so this is a huge upgrade... any help would be appreciated. in terms that i can understand... i can be blonde sometimes...

Upvote 0
Your awake time should be less than your up time, so your battery usage is fine. As for what kills your battery well that entirely depends on how you use your phone. I turned all my social networking to only manually update, turn GPS off unless I'm using navigation, and I changed my screen to automatic brightness and for my screen to time out at 15 seconds. Those helped my battery life.

Upvote 0
i dont think i have anything activated, dont use my gps unless i am going home which is like twice a yearish, i dont download any apps, or anything like that... i think i should be fine, was just wondering and lost as to what the other two were talking about and didnt know if their times were much better than mine? i basically have my phone to email my husband when he is on deployment and talk to him and a little bit of texting and checking my facebook using the internet icon not the facebook app... thats it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones