Help! Update fail!

Last Updated:

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"Main version is older"
    "Update Fail"
    "Do you want to reboot device?"

I got that message after loading the PC36IMG.zip.
    It then asks if I want to reboot!! I am thinking no at this point....what to do??? Everything has gone smoothly up to this point!!!

Suggestions???!!!!...reboot or not??!!!

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Reboot and find the new image I saw a link floating around here today.If u are using Simple Root start the whole process over.

3. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

What method are you using to root? Simple Root?

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

5. flyjbaker

NYC, that is the method I am using. I am stock 2.2 OTA trying to root using that method. When I get to the point of going back into the bootloader and then loading the PC36IMG.zip it comes back with the message above. I have gone thru the process twice now. And everything goes perfectly smoothly up until that point. I may try to re download that file from a more trusted source and start all over....I don't know really. I think I am done with it for today. I have wasted all afternoon so far and got nowhere although may have learned a little bit in the process...not sure what....haha. My phone is fine so that is all I care about at the moment. The one small hiccup I did see was both times I had to type "reboot bootloader" twice....???? Who knows. I will start all over on a different computer and download only from XDA.

6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

You are only supposed to update once then press no when it reads the PC36IMG.zip again. Afterwards, you move onto the bootloader portion.

7. flyjbaker

You already lost me....when do you "update"???
    I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. When still in the command prompt and you type "reboot bootloader" it took me 2 times to get that to take.. I doubt it has anything to do with it but just thought I would mention it for somebody more familiar.