• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Help Updating GS5 with Odin

marauders42

Lurker
Sep 17, 2014
Ok so my Verizon Galaxy S5 is currently on 4.4.2 and NE9. It won't update to 4.4.4 using OTA because I thought i fully unrooted from towelroot, but my status is still custom and I have busybox still, so it won't update OTA. I know how to use Odin, but my question is which firmware do I use to get my GS5 back stock? Do I download and use 4.4.2 NE9 to stock then update using OTA to 4.4.4? Or do I go straight to 4.4.4 using Odin, if so NI2 or NHA?
Thanks

Ok so my Verizon Galaxy S5 is currently on 4.4.2 and NE9. It won't update to 4.4.4 using OTA because I thought i fully unrooted from towelroot, but my status is still custom and I have busybox still, so it won't update OTA. I know how to use Odin, but my question is which firmware do I use to get my GS5 back stock? Do I download and use 4.4.2 NE9 to stock then update using OTA to 4.4.4? Or do I go straight to 4.4.4 using Odin, if so NI2 or NHA?
Thanks
Here you go. Just get this and flash in Odin, then you'll be on 4.4.4 with NI2 firmware.
NI2 Full Stock Tar: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712474060

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones