HELP updating software LG EsteemSupport

1. Kristara

Kristara Member

i have spoken to the hebeJebe LG reps 3x now trying to update my software and this phone is about to go thru a wall.... I cannot get it to update to the newest software version... anyone with any real advice please give me some pointers, ive done everything they've told me to do but its still not cooperating and i have no clue why

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Kristara :hello: Welcome to AF.

I moved this to the LG Esteem forum for you. Hopefully these folks with the same phone can offer a suggestion.
    Kristara likes this.
  3. Kristara

Kristara Member

thank you :)
    Atma likes this.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

its simple really but it seems to be really error prone. really all you do is install the lg update tool, lg esteem drivers (which both im gonna assume you have because of talking to the lg rep) and run the lg update tool and follow what it says onscreen. i found in my experiences that the darn phone just doesnt want to stay connected. what os are you using? winXP seems to have worked the best for me. what i did is had adb installed so that i could ensure i had a good connection to the phone. also i found that downloading over wireless didnt work (for me) i had to be connected to a wire for it to work.

and lastly the stars and planets have to be perfectly aligned along with the perfect temp and wind speed. a full moon might help to update this phone :)
  5. Kristara

Kristara Member

LMAO right.... well im finally getting it.... BUTTTT its stopped at 16.84mb/308.49mb i swear to God ima throw this phone thru a wall!!! I am on wireless so I'll actually hardwire it to my router right meow. I'm on windows 7... i literally have 1 desktop and 2 laptops sitting within arms distance and i cant get it to freakin work on anything... yesterday i was so irritated with this crap i had to take xanex and go have a few drinks at the bar before i sent missiles toward LG headquarters. :banghead:
  6. Kristara

Kristara Member

arrgggg it stopped at 51mb with it hard wired.... well when you updated your software to the 'D' version did your phone stop randomly rebooting and stop lagging??
  7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

honestly i personally never had a reboot issue, and as far as lag i flashed over a custom rom so never had that bad of lag... i upgraded because i could.

try this: http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/521819-guide-update-zvd.html
  8. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

one thing that can help is just to remove your sd card durring update and return to stock before the update. and make sure debugging is on and your in internet connection mode
  9. Kristara

Kristara Member

i did, sd card has been out for 3 days and like wise for factory reset (which is why im so frustrated, my phone is useless without my apps, data etc)
  10. Kristara

Kristara Member

okayyyy... may have figured out my problem, but it's so simple i'd look ditsy to even say :stupido2:
  11. Kristara

Kristara Member

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it wpnt get past freaking 40% before freezing up and stopping the upload process GRRRRRRR