Help Urgent!! Contacts Unable to Populate and want to extract apk filesSupport

Last Updated:

1. lascott7

lascott7 Member

Hello I am at wit's end and I have 2 other issues:
    1st: my contacts do not populate unless I click on 'dialer' and sometimes that is slow. Both are really slow to launch. I do not understand why. Most of the time I am unable to make calls because of this. Does anyone know why?
    2nd: my apk app files I wanted them extracted with an app. Is there a better way to do that for an unrooted phone? I have tried many apps to try to extract my old apk app files that I put on my sd card from my old phone. I tried to click on them from my file manager and it says 'no file associated to open' or something. I was hoping to go to Carbon and do it but it only backs up first then restore and unable to see the apk app files on my card I do not know what to do. Someone please help!

2. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you're talking about. You select the green phone icon and then the contacts tab and they don't show?

Use an app such as Apk Extractor to copy your apps to your internal or external sd storage. Might be easier to just reinstall the apps from Google Play than transfer from another phone.
  3. lascott7

lascott7 Member

I just explained it clear as day, I simply wanted to extract my previous apps that are on my new sd card to my new phone. Simple as that.

As for my contacts, yes they do not show when it tap the Contacts button. I don't know if it's corrupt or what. I have tried resetting the phone and still does nothing.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try EStrongs File Explorer. If the apk is installable, that will do it. Depending on how you put them them there, they may or may not be.

Do you have contacts synced from multiple sources, such as Google, twitter and Facebook?

If so, clear your contacts and accounts, add one at a time, use it a while, to zero in on the problem.
    mysticspiral and Tesla5 like this.
  5. lascott7

lascott7 Member

Hey I have solved the apk extraction issue. I have downloaded ZArchiver then was able to access my externalSD card to extract the files and it worked well! I was so excited. Now the contacts thing, I will try that and see if it works. I think I have my contacts synced with Facebook and Google. I never ever had this problem with my previous ZTE Warp phone.
  6. lascott7

lascott7 Member

Ok It is solved. I had to remove my accounts under Accounts & Sync then reapply them and did this after rebooting my phone. Now I am having problems grouping my apps on my home screen.
  7. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got those first two issues fixed. I recommend downloading the Apex launcher. It groups very well.
    mysticspiral likes this.