• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP US HELP YOU !!! with your Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into you phone settings in the "About Phone" and let us know :

1.) Model Number ? _____G1______
2.) Firmware Version ? ____1.6_______
3.) Baseband Version ? ____62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I_______
4.) Kernel Version ? __2.6.29.6-S@10-KernelDjuan@Planta )_________
5.) Build Number ? _DRD35__________
6) Mod Version ?(I added this, don't know if it's important) CSDI V4 por Super@tmel
Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? __NO______________

Carrier ? ___T-Mobile____________ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? ______US_________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? Yep

Bought this phone on Ebay...I believe its a hacked phone. The Android market is missing which makes the phone pretty boring now :-(

Any help PLZ! I;m new and not very techie so plz dumb it down a bit. All the ROM, Root, jargon confusing me!!

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? HTC Desire Z A7272
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.3.3
3.) Baseband Version ? 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.35.10-g7b95729
5.) Build Number ? 2.42.405.2 CL84109

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? YES
Carrier ? T-Mobile Netherlands

Country you are using your phone in ? the Netherlands
Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? YES

Now, my problem is that the phone seems to randomly shut down and won't turn on again unless I take out the battery first. This happens sometimes after being charged overnight, sometimes after just laying on my desk for a while. It happens once every 2-4 days. I'm pretty sure it's not phone or battery related, as my wife just bought a Samsung Ace on Android 2.2.4, which is doing the exact same thing. Both phones were doing it even before any apps were installed, and now that we have installed some apps it doesn't seem to make it worse or better).

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number:LG-E730
2.) Firmware Version:2.3.4
3.) Baseband Version(I think it's software version):V10a-SEP-14-2011
4.) Kernel Version2.6.35.7-perf
5.) Build Number GRJ22

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan?
Nope

Carrier: Vodafone

Every time I unlock my phone, my 3g internet opens.I have already lost over 100mb in one day.

Upvote 0
Model Number: cube u9gt2
Firmware Version: 4.0.3
Baseband Version : not sure?
Kernel Version : 3.0.8+ fjp@fae#179
Build Number : rk29sdk

hi, on web pages i see a jumble of letters/numbers and symbols instead of graphic. for example the anti spam words one has to enter to register I can not see (had to listen to input and register). Can someone please help.

Upvote 0
my problem is not related to a phone model or anything like that but please if u have any idea how to resolve this do tell me. i recorded a video on my s2 and once the storage was full internally i got a message sating it will be moved to the sd and so it did. but the file now is a 4gb of format. vdata which no player would recognize on my phone. did i lose my footage or is there a way to convert it or make android recognize the format again?

thanksthanks

Upvote 0
I am trying to set it so where I only hear the notification tone when certain people text me. I have my stock notification tone set to off, I have tried handcent, chomp and gosms (not at the same time) and in those apps I have a certain contact set to silent, but everytime, when I get a text the sound goes off. I don't know what else to do.
Help?
I'm in the USA, have Tmobile and my phone is a HTC sensation

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? DROID RAZR MAXX
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.3.6
3.) Baseband Version ? CDMA_N_04.07.01R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.35.7-g65de91d
qgd748@il93lnxdroid10​
5.) Build Number ? 6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8

Carrier ?verizon (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? USA

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
Yes

When I turn GPS on, it only becomes activated in Maps. Once I leave Maps (or another internal Application requiring GPS), GPS is not on. It is selected as on but the icon doesn't show up in the notification bar (like when Maps is using it). I am trying to allow GPS so Speedview can work.

Any advice/solutions?

Upvote 0
1. Model number? GT-S5839i
2. Firmware version? ???
3. Baseband version? S5839iNELD1
4. Kernel version? 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL138 1
5. Build number? GINGERBREAD.XXLD4

Samsung Galaxy Ace used in the UK

Hi, I've only had this phone a couple of weeks and still getting used to it! This may be really simple but I'm struggling with texting. I can't get ' or - because they're on the same keys as the period and comma, and I only get those when I press it. Any ideas? Thanks!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Hello All,

1.) Model Number ? _PC36100
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.3.5
3.) Baseband Version ? 2.15.00.12.19
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.635.10-g94d0005
5.) Build Number ? 5.07.651.1 CL356670

Carrier ? Sprint Unlimited Everything Plan HTC EVO 4G

Country you are using your phone in ? US

I have 1 Phone and just had a data bucket imposed on me for use of the wireless hotspot. They claim that the Data Bucket was always there but they just ubtained the ability to track usage. Bulls!@# my bill had usage on it every month and it was part of the unlimited plan. I just finished my 2 year contract on the first of the month and that was when they started tracking my usage of this supposedly unlimited everything plan. I admit it Im now spoiled and regularly use 16-20 gigs per month over the Hotspot and it was no charge because it was part of the unlimited everything plan. But now Im subjected to a 5 gig bucket and a nickle per meg after that. Im going blackhat. What can I do?

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? Kyocera Hydro c5170 Android 4.0.4 Rooted
2.) Firmware Version ?
3.) Baseband Version ?1001bt
4.) Kernel Version ? 3.0.8-perfrelease@release#1 tue july 3 13:47:13 jst 2012
5.) Build Number ? IML77

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? __No__

Carrier ? ____Tmobile____ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? ____US___ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

whew, ok..
I'm trying to copy my ringtone.mp3 from the sdcard to the proper folder so it "stays" set after rebooting the phone but it can't write, like it's protected or something? "Error Could not write file."

Also, I took a screen shot of what happened but when I browse from my PC to the folder to retrieve it it doesn't display. It's a 0 kb png file when I copy to my desktop but it is viewable from the screenshot folder when viewed on the ph?

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? _G-1 going to MyTouch when in stock__________
2.) Firmware Version ? _____1.5______
3.) Baseband Version ? 62.505.20.17H_2.22.19.26I__
4.) Kernel Version ? __2.6.27-00393-g6607056__
5.) Build Number ? __CRC1_________

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? ____FlexPay____________

Carrier ? _virgin____TMobile__________ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? _Canada_____USA_________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? YES
T-Mobile Customer Services can tell you that and make
any necessary corrections so that it is properly recognized
when connected. <<< BEEN THERE DONE THAT !!! AND ...

I have 2 Phones and one is On FlexPay. It would NOT Work
right when I recieved the SIM because it was NOT set to
match the Settings on my T-Mobile account.

Brand new to the forum, and having a problem.
I was able to text, now when I text get the message "message not sent"
I have a Gallaxy 550 Android. Prepaid.
Likely I have turned off something in my settings, being retired and not very savy in the techy world, I guess I get a little frustrated. Anyways anything you can pass along to this problem would be appreciated.

Thks.
Bryan.

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? _____GT-I8160______
2.) Firmware Version ? ____2.3.6_______
3.) Baseband Version ? ____I8160XXLD8_______
4.) Kernel Version ? ____2.6.35.7-I8160XXDL8-CL1100997se.infra@SEI-28 #2_______
5.) Build Number ? _____GINGERBREAD.XXLD8______

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? _______N/A_________

Carrier ? _______GIFFGAFF________ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? _____UK__________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Hi, basically my galaxy ace 2 keeps promting me there is a software update and asking me if i would like to update.... I have tried countless times now, on the phone, on kies, and kies air, and all three fail to update my phone successfully....

When i try it on the phone, It seems to download the update fine, then reboots the phone, starts to install but then comes up 'e-signature not verified' then reboots back to how it was.

Through samsung kies on the pc (USB) it downloads fine again, goes to install, and the programme freezes and just stops. I then have to kill the programme through the windows task manager and start again.... I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Kies software on the pc, this does nothing.

PLEASE HELP!! this is driving me mad now... There's an update there but it just wont work!

:(

Upvote 0
whew, ok..
I'm trying to copy my ringtone.mp3 from the sdcard to the proper folder so it "stays" set after rebooting the phone but it can't write, like it's protected or something? "Error Could not write file."

Also, I took a screen shot of what happened but when I browse from my PC to the folder to retrieve it it doesn't display. It's a 0 kb png file when I copy to my desktop but it is viewable from the screenshot folder when viewed on the ph?

Where are you trying to save it that is disallowed? Another way you can do this is to make a new folder on the root of your sdcard titled Ringtones (note the capital R). Place any ringtones in that folder and they should be added to your list of possible ringtones when you make a selection. That should allow it to "stick". I can't think of a situation where a ringtone would change upon reboot unless it's an app or something that's just allowing it to work temporarily and a restart shuts down the app?

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? Samsung Galaxy i5700

So a couple of months ago I dropped my Galaxy Spica on the tiled bathroom floor and the glass touchscreen popped off. It is perfectly intact, but has been disconnected from the thin copper wire that attaches it to the rest of the phone. Would I need to buy a new touchscreen off of ebay or would I just be able to solder it back together?

Upvote 0
1.) Model Number ? sdk Demo______
:thinking:

Sounds like something that some Shenzhen tech shop hurriedly threw together from a whatever chip-maker's reference design.

2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5_________
3.) Baseband Version ? ___________
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.5.25 rockchip 1.2.7(ruiguan)
5.) Build Number ? RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100630.145439

also known as Smart Pad from china

That kind of fits in with the "SDK Demo" stuff in the model number. :rolleyes:

Chinese apps wont delete. i use a Program called apk to delete apps but this just deletes apps i have downloaded from android market. not apps pre installed on system.

can i up date android from 1.5 to better version.

can a different operating system run on this tablet.

Talk about ropey. Send it back, give it away, or throw it in the garbage(recycling), to be totally honest.

Upvote 0
Hello I am apparently having trouble receiving mms messages? someone sent me a picture today and I only get a download button, upon clicking I get the message "Currently unable to download. Please try again later." Have only had the phone several months, have successfully received picture messages before although it's been a little while. No idea why it is doing this now.

I have data enabled and have never messed with APNs/set to default T-Mobile Data and T-Mobile MMS

I have tried googling this but that only led to confusion not solutions any help would be appreciated

1.) Model Number ? PRISM
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.3.6
3.) Baseband Version ? 60501015
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.35.7-perf android@localhost #1
5.) Build Number ? U8651V100R001USAC85B878

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? Yes?

Carrier ? T-Mobile

Country you are using your phone in ? USA

Upvote 0
GOT A Problem On your G1 Magic or Other Android Phones ?

If you expect or would like answers from our Seniors Members ???
Please !! provide the following : .... (so they can best help you quickly)

Go into you phone settings in the "About Phone" and let us know :

1.) Model Number ? Galaxy 551 ___________
2.) Firmware Version ? __not sure_________
3.) Baseband Version ? not sure_____
4.) Kernel Version ? not sure_____
5.) Build Number ? __not sure_________

PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? __pay as you go______________

Carrier ? ___virgin____________ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? canada_______________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
T-Mobile Customer Services can tell you that and make
any necessary corrections so that it is properly recognized
when connected. <<< BEEN THERE DONE THAT !!! AND ...

I have 2 Phones and one is On FlexPay. It would NOT Work
right when I recieved the SIM because it was NOT set to
match the Settings on my T-Mobile account.
New cell just got it working, I can call from another phone, pushed every button to answer but no luck....being very new to the cell, must have something to do with the settings.

Thanks,
Bryan

Upvote 0
.) Model Number : LT18i
2.) Firmware Version : 4.0.4
3.) Baseband Version : 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
4.) Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-perf
5.) Build Number : 4.1.B.O587

I am not using verizon and I'm from the philippines. I am using xperia arc S

I accidentally disable gmail and gtalk. After that the phone numbers in my contacts will not immediately appear. i still have to long press the name and click on edit contact to be able to see their number.

Also, If i enable gmail in my google play store an error will appear "unfortunately google play store has stopped". But then i can still download apps from google play store. It's just that i can't enable back gmail in my phone...Please help with this.

Thank you,
Ellaine

Upvote 0
First off, hello :)
1.) Model Number ? ___SPH L710________

2.) Firmware Version ? __4.1.1 ( I'm assuming this means what kind of phone right?_________

3.) Baseband Version ? ___L710VPBLJ7________

4.) Kernel Version ? ____3.0.31-329968_______

5.) Build Number ? ____JRO03L.L710VPBLJ7_____
Carrier ?*______Credo mobile_________
Country you are using your phone in ?*_____U.S.__________

I recently got my Galaxy S3 and my problem is that I have not been able to send picture messages. Now I'm sure there are lots of different ways this might be happrning so I'm going to rule out some factors.

As stated previously, I have Credo Mobile as my provider. It's a branch of Sprint I believe. My current plan is unlimted data and texting. I have tried sending picture messages through use of wifi as well as the network data. I have tried sending to multiple persons with the same result being that they recieved nothing.

I have tried looking up online to find a cause and hopefully a solution and looked for helpful videos.
Nothing I've found has helped me so here I am.

I suppose my last step would be calling Credo but hopefully someone here can help me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones