• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!? Vibrate Notifications No Longer Working

G

gaetawoo

I'm not sure when this started happening or if it ever even worked, but my vibrate notifications do not work for text messages or email (i'm using K-9). I've gone through EVERY possible setting, in the messaging app, in K-9, and the standard phone settings, to ensure that Vibrate Notification is indeed on, and yet it does not work. It doesn't matter if my phone is on Vibrate Mode, Silent Mode, or Normal Mode, no vibration notifications.

I've tried restarting the phone, nothing works.

My Haptic Feedback works perfectly.

Can anyone help please?

i'm currently running drellisdee's rooted vzb. what's the best way to get back to stock recovery so if i flash back to stock v8 rom the update will install? and then what's the best way to get root back once the update is in?

thanks for your help

Upvote 0
Reactions: gaetawoo
Upvote 0
very good. thanks so much. I have Tasker so I think I'm going to see if I can make a reasonable solution with that. If it doesn't work out so well, I'll go back to stock stock.

I figured it'd be good to flash to stock v8 before flashing the stock recovery because then I could test if the stock rom does indeed fix the vibrate problems. what do you think?

Maybe if the stock does work, the best solution would be to do what you said and go back to stock everything and update. But after that, i would definately like to root, apply drellisdee's recovery, and his Turbo4 without the kernel. Would that work and be a good compromise?

Upvote 0
so here's the deal. I went back to stock recovery, back to v6, then did 3 OTA's, one to V6 again, then to V8 then to VB. I have androot 1.61 and it rooted, and i go to adbshell and i can get to the # command line with su. BUT.... Titanium Backup WILL NOT WORK! it says it isn't rooted even though it was granted root access. help!!! i need to restore all that i backed up!

wait, i'm a moron.. never mind.. i just hit problems and installed busybox... i thought it would give me the option, i forgot i had to hit the button.

thanks for all you help!!!

Upvote 0
ok, so i learned this. When i had V8 on there, the vibration notifications worked. When VZB was on there, for both the drellisdee rooted version rom, or even the pure stock OTA version, the vibration notifications did not work. Also, my CacheMate app dies all the time, so that i have to restore it from Titanium to use it. This has also only ever happened on VZB. I'm convinced it's the update's fault. I hate bad programming. My wife's ally also has the same problems on VZB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones