• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help/views on surfing internet on pc using mobile

guyz some of u might have tried surfing internet on computer using/connectiing your mobile phones.... i just wana to say plz suggest ur expreinces ... is it works absolutely works and u guyz surf net properly with good speed ?

one more thing from those who from INDIA

cos like vodafone/airtel/aircel , etc provies 98 rs pre paid card in which they say unlimited net surfing and 2 gb data download ... has anyone tried it ? is it realy unlimited surfing in rs 98 ? or it just another trap ?

guyz some of u might have tried surfing internet on computer using/connectiing your mobile phones.... i just wana to say plz suggest ur expreinces ... is it works absolutely works and u guyz surf net properly with good speed ?

You mean you want to use your phone to connect your (laptop) computer to the internet?

Yes, I do that when I need it. It works well for me. I use Android 2.2's built-in 'portable hotspot' feature for a wireless connection between phone and computer. An alternative is the free 'PDAnet' app, in the Market, which I've used tethered via USB1 cable.
The speed is as fast as when you surf the internet on your phone, because you are surfing via your phone's mobile connection of course. IRL fast enough for me to stream fullscreen HD BBC documentaries and XXX videos fine... :D

But you should be aware that there is no such thing as 'unlimited surfing' via mobile (phone) connections. Every byte you up- or download is tallied. And if you exceed your carrier's "fair use policy" – which effectively is a cap, of course – things can get very expensive.

If you want to avoid that risk then don't watch streaming video/TV, or sports games, or do any gaming while you are on a mobile (=phone) network (2G, 3G, CDMA, etc.), but do that when you are on WiFi only!

The free 'Y5' app (in the Market) automatically reconnects to WiFi hotspots you were connected to before, if you're within range.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones