Help w/ Asurion replacement Phone.Support

Last Updated:

1. gncb3

gncb3 New Member This Topic's Starter

May 9, 2010
    Is there a way I can send my broken phones info, software, pictures, music, and settings to my (5th) replacenemt phone b4 returning bad phone to Asurion?

I am not very computer savy and hate having to download everything again from scratch.

Thank you for your advice.:rolleyes:

2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    That's probably a better question for whoever you're dealing with at the Asurion. My GUESS is no. They are an insurance company, not a data management company, so I wouldn't expect them to have this service.
    However, pictures and music and stored on your SD card, either keep your SD card to use in the new phone, or back it up to your computer and restore the data to the new SD card.

If your phone is rooted, then create a nand backup. Keep the SD card or save/restore the data, nands are stored on the SD card, if you let the card get away without doing a backup then the backup will serve no purpose. Because you state that you are not computer savvy, I suspect that your phone is not rooted and this is not an option for you.

If your phone is not rooted you can use the app AppBrain which will 'remember' which apps you have on your phone and can reinstall them on the new phone. However the settings for each individual app will be lost. So it makes setting you new phone up easier, but not completely painless.