Help w/ contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Veetus

Veetus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so: my main goal is to load my contacts that I saved on an app called iDrive Lite from my iPhone 3GS.

I now have my Vibrant. I am able to load my contacts on to my Vibrant using the iDrive Lite app from the marketplace no problem. However, once the phone gets restarted...those contacts are gone. And they will not sync with Google, for whatever reason. So my next guess is to try and use an app called UIA Backup Contacts....which should let me back up my contacts that I have currently on my phone (after using iDrive to restore) and I should be able to save as a CSV and email to myself, and upload to my Gmail account.

Well, when I try doing this, it backs up to about 44%, and I get this error:

'

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? I don't want to manually add my contacts if I do not have to.

Advertisement
  2. Veetus

Bump.

3. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting the developer of the app? Might be a place to start. I didn't see a link to a web page on UiA - Backup Contacts - Android app on AppBrain , but perhaps if you click the email button (above the screenshots) you might be able to get in touch with him. Most devs I've had reason to contact seem to be pretty responsive to questions.

4. Veetus

Yes I have in fact, still waiting on reply.

5. Veetus

Additionally, I am unable to edit any of the contacts that I restored from iDrive Lite... it says:

Very strange.. but my other contacts that I sync with google or add manually, I can edit fine.

6. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

still having problems with this? i was able to use in the built in vcard maker, when you go to contacts export.... it sets the vcard onto the external sd card...check that out.