Help w/HandcentSupport

Last Updated:

1. irishgal

irishgal Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All! Need some help with a the app Handcent. Love the app, just don't know how to use it without having the original app for messages ringing in as well. Any info?? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Just go to your settings in the default messaging app and turn off all notifications there. That's all you have to do!

3. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

lol just posted the same thread topic bout an hour ago but yea thewhitebandito is right:)

4. irishgal

Thanks. I'll try it.

5. irishgal

Great that worked! Sorry about this but I'm VERY new to this phone and the how it works. Now both of the apps are working, the one set for the phone and new one. I must be missing something.....how do I turn the old one off??? Thanks again!!

6. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

i do not believe you can turn it off but if you just make it that notifications wont pop up or any thing and take it off your home screen you will not no it is there

7. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

I was struggling with this as well. Go into the settings under the factory "messenger" program. Then disable "auto retrieve". Handcent will still retrieve the messages but the standard program will not. It works great with these settings.

8. irishgal

Thanks all!! I give it a try.

9. LeahRT

LeahRT Member

I have a problem too! Only one contact of mine, who is not on the blacklist, never shows up in my notifications. I've tried deleting the contact, then reentering the number, but it still doesn't notify my when she text messages me. Again, she isn't on the blacklist. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know of a fix?