• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP w/ Motorola ):

HayleyMadison

Lurker
Dec 18, 2010
I only have the 200mb data plan-
1) if I set up the Google account but don't use it for email or anything else (i only want to set it up to download free games and apps) will it use up my data even though im not checking email or anything?

2)Everytime i use a game o r use an app will it use up my data.

I'm basically worried about my data since I dont have that much PLEASE HELP )::(

Email will use up a very small amount of data. Games will use up none, unless they are actually online multiplayer games. The things that will really use data are media applications, such as Youtube or Music streaming like Pandora.
I also found that a way I used up a lot of data was during the football season, before I downloaded the Sportcenter app, I was on ESPN's mobile web page and constantly refreshing for scores. But unless you're doing web browsing like that, web browsing by itself won't use much.
But I wouldn't be that worried. It should be fairly easy to stay under the 200 MB plan, and if you do accidentally go over, you can backdate to the 2 GB plan for that one month, for just $10 more, so you won't face huge overages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones