1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help W/Pdanet, bluetooth dun & win 7

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Been trying to get the bluetooth to work with my pda net. I am having the hardest time getting the phone to connect to my windows 7 laptop. It seems like sometimes it does, but mostly doesn't connect. It will show up in my list of devices but greyed out. it says something like paired, but not connected. Or maybe its the other way around. Then, when it does appear to be connected, I cant get pda net to work properly. Any advice? Been making me crazy for several days now.

Advertisement
  2. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Funny, I was trying this last night as well with about the same luck. The best I can figure out is that the bluetooth stack is corrupt. But windows 7 is picky about what driver to use. After exausting all my options the project is shelfed until either microsoft or iogear, the company that makes my bluetooth adapter get it working. For the record I've never had good luck with bluetooth anything on PC. Phones seem to work great but the tech on PC's is buggy as hell.

3. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Well-Known Member

i got bluetooth to work on my vista pc... but im having trouble getting bluetooth dun to work in windows 7 or linus (running ubuntu netbook remix and using blueman to manage my bluetooth)... windows wont connect and blueman program in linux tries to connect and says that the port is already in use

4. bryanbahr

bryanbahr New Member

You got it working in Vista?
    Ok im having some serious issues.

<Verizon Moto Droid on Vista 64>

I was able to successfully tether with PDANet with USB, but everything Ive done in attempt to Bluetooth DUN it has been disastrous.
    Nothing will connect, and now the USB wont connect since I began bluetooth testing.
    Motorola Droid - How To Tether via Bluetooth | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

Ive followed the instructions to a T. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

5. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Well-Known Member

i was using 32 bit vista and it worked... set up a new dial up connection, chose bluetooth modem, and connected... i can't get it to work in windows 7 or linux (ubuntu netbook remix and android x86) at all... kinda annoying me, especially because usb tether is not an option in linux yet.

6. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

Did anyone get the bluetooth tether to work?

7. iplaytheorgan

iplaytheorgan New Member

No I can't seem to get a connection for bluetooth on my mac with Pdanet i am also having problems tethering the Pdanet connection between my Droid and my mac....anybody have any suggestions

8. devildogwillbur

devildogwillbur New Member

i was having this problem connecting to the internet using my htc hero's bluetooth and pdanet. i have been reading and looking into it for a few days with no luck with anything i tried. i gave up... i then realize that people were able to get it to work with windows xp. well crap didnt win 7 have a virtual pc with winxp? so i downloaded that, then did the steps for connecting windows xp bluetooth dun crap and it works... a little work and downloading, but it works. So now i get internet on my virtual xp not my win7 but it works at least tell the android 2.2 comes out this month i hope with there wi-fi access point addition. im no expert but if you need help let me know. ill do my best. if someone knows how to shair internet connection between virtual winxp and win7 let me know as well... later all good luck hope it helps.*************************

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Just use usb. Its faster, and keeps the phone juiced.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

10. bang

bang New Member

Hello All,
    I got my nexus one to work with Windows 7 using the Bluetooth DUN. Pairing the phone with Windows 7 was the biggest hurdle. It took me many attempts before I could do that. After that the Bluetooth DUN was pretty straightforward.

11. mkchetan

mkchetan New Member

Can you please tell me steps followed for Bluetooth DUN ?

12. Debowhiz

Debowhiz New Member

This was a serious challenge due to vague instructions but it does work. Go through the steps on Pdanet's help for establishing a new device/pairing and test it out by selecting the connect option for the "Play Music off my phone" or something. The other connection types won't work. Sometimes you have to reboot at this point to see more options in the bluetooth computer menu. THEN...

on your PC: Go into Start>Search for "Network" and click 'Network and Sharing Center'>Set up a New Connection or network>Set up a new dial up connection

For the phone number type in '123' and skip the login info. Don't bother with any other info, just try to connect and when it can't, simply click the "save anyway" option (or whatever it says).

Now, I did about 20 other things at this point cause it still wasn't working sooooo... This should be the trick:

SHUT OFF your bluetooth antenna on the phone. Turn it back on and watch for it to say "paired but not connected". Then turn on your PdaNet app on the phone, and select the Bluetooth DUN connection. Click OK to start the 120 second connection option.

On your PC click the internet access bars in the quick menu and/or fire up your newly created Dial Up connection and hit connect.

That should do the trick. If it doesn't, double check your properties for the dial up connection by right clicking it and 'properties':

General Tab: check box selected for Modem over Bluetooth connection, phone number is '123'
    Options Tab: nothing is checked under dialing options except 'Display progress'.
    Remaining tabs should all be default values.

Good luck.

smilenpop569 likes this.