1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Help! Want to DL apps, but out of country!

1. bannedgod

bannedgod New Member

Im currently living in china. My buddy picked up a HTC G1 from canada, but cant access the market or anything like that. Is there a good site i can download apps from the computer and put it on the SD?

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

The developers of some apps have websites where you can find them to download from. I don't know of any where you can find the whole collection in one spot, though. Google is your friend on this one. Just check the apps on Androlib.com. If something piques your interest, check the dev's website.
  3. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

If you root your phone, you could install an app called "MarketEnabler" (search for it in google) that allows you to fake your location and therefore buy apps in the market.
  4. bannedgod

bannedgod New Member

What does rooting your phone do?