HELP! Warranty IssueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Filipino.Cowboy

Filipino.Cowboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Big problem for me. Today out of nowhere, the trackball and microphone stopped working. I've rebooted, taken out the battery, even wiped the phone. It wont work. I took it into Verizon, and they noticed I had 2.1 on there. They also told me that voided my warranty...I should have thought of that before I did it, though this issue is not 2.1 related as I've had it since the leak....So, I have insurance, but will they be able to see that my warranty has been voided? I'm sure the guy put a note on my file of that. Am I up a creek without a paddle, or will insurance still work for me?

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

give it a shot and see. depending on whether the guy handling your claim notices or not, you may be able to get away with it.

you could brick your phone. that would cover up the 2.1 leak and allow you to get away with it but some people may see that as fraud. try at your your own discretion.

3. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Oh that sucks! Definitely can't walk in with 2.1 on your phone or that gives an excuse to refuse a repair. May be on your account or maybe not. You may have to wait for OTA or take other measures as noted previously.

4. andrizoid

honestly....i would brick.
    just remember though, if you brick and go in and try and get a new phone, if they did note your account you wont be able to get a new phone and you will be stuck with a bricked phone. like i said....try at your own discretion.

5. Filipino.Cowboy

I remembered that he did say that if I could put the old firmware back on that they could replace it. So it made me think he didn't put a note in my file.

6. andrizoid

well theres no way to rollback the 2.1
    if i were you i would brick the phone and take it to another verizon store. that way you wont have to worry about running into the same guy and you can try and play it off like you have no idea what happened.

7. Filipino.Cowboy

I've ended up filing a claim. I figured that maybe the safest/easiest way to go about this. I just hope if they notice the 2.1 on there they wont think anything of it. Thanks for the replies everyone.

8. andrizoid

good luck. if they do notice the 2.1 you are out of luck from this point on though. just warning you.

9. Filipino.Cowboy

I just got the insurance replacement in. It's a brand new phone. Strange, I thought it would be a refurb. But it's definitely brand new. Activating it now. About to send of my 2.1 phone. Anyone thing it will kick back because of 2.1?

10. alprazolam

Do you mean that you got the phone through Asurion?

No, it wont' get kicked back. They don't have the time to look at each phone that is returned to find out if you were running the correct software and such. Congrats on a new one. Be sure to root it!;) You can go back after rooting.

11. Filipino.Cowboy

Yup, through Asurion. I didn't think it would kick back, just being paranoid. I was shocked to see a new box, and opened it up to discover it was brand new. Battery, 8gb card, charger. I think I was even more shocked to see how BLACK my trackball had gotten! :)

12. alprazolam

Good for you! That doesn't happen often so count yourself lucky on getting a brand new 1.5 rootable phone. ;)