help, were my pics goSupport

Last Updated:

1. cnova

cnova Member This Topic's Starter

I went to look at my pictures on my phone, they were gone. I looked though my file folders but still cant find them. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. George0211

George0211 Well-Known Member

Did you do a master reset or flashed the ROM?

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

You deleted or moved them, or aren't looking in the correct place to begin with.

Photos (and videos) you took with your camera are in /sdcard/DCIM/ . Images saved from a web browser are in /sdcard/download/ . Other photos might be in /sdcard/media/ or pretty much anywhere else, as the Media Scanner will search for them all at boot.

4. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

mine did this once, i had to go to settings>SD card and phone settings>unmount, wait, mount and they came back. Not sure why, but it worked for me. I was also missing my ringtones and songs, yet it showed both the internal and external SD card there.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

6. timbuk2

timbuk2 Well-Known Member

I've searched every cranny and folder on my phone and cannot find the picture I retrieved via MMS. I saved it, but no-can-find it. I also had the pic (which I'm trying to make wallpaper) in my Picasa Web Albums, but it appears Google messed that up. All the folder and pics there are old ones...even ones that I have deleted. They're not there, but my phone says they are an shows me thumbs of them. Maybe these pics are somewhere else? I don't see any indication of where they might be except my galleries.

7. CamaroZ28c

CamaroZ28c Well-Known Member

I once had all my phone's camera pics disappear. I luckily found them in the LOST.DIR folder (which may be like a recycle bin?). They will not be recognized as any kind of usable file there though. If you have files there, transfer them to your computer give them an extension like .jpg to see if they change to a picture (hopefully your missing picture). Some of mine were videos also, so try different, appropriate extensions. To this day, I don't know why my phone deleted all those pics.