help!!what did I turn off?no sound....General

Last Updated:

1. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when my inc goes to sleep I do not get a notification sound for emails no more....I did yesterday but I tried it today and nothing!!!
    I had played around yesterday to try old different things to extend battery life and must have changed something.....dang it!...I tried menu-->wireless&networks-->mobile networks-->enable always on....and marked it...and I also tried to unmark it...
    when I click on mobile broadband connection it says "connect to pc"?...

please....I need help...didn't want to do hard reset because I had to put in all contact manually...ugh:(

I am coming from a BB...lol..so things were more complex....LOVE the Inc but there is so much do click wrong ha ha

any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT: btw didn't get a sms/text yet so I don't know if I would get a sound then....

Advertisement
  2. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Are you getting sounds for anything? Try to long press the power button, when the menu pops up see if you have it in silent mode.

3. emmalina

hmmm silent mode says sound is on...vibration mode says vibration only is off:(

4. IamReady

OK. Go to Settings, Sound and Display, Notification Sound. Make sure a sound is selected there. Now open the email app, Menu. More, Settings, Notification Settings and make sure the boxes are checked as you want them...

Any luck?

5. IamReady

Also... hit the volume button on the side and make sure sound is turned up to a level you can hear...

6. emmalina

THANK YOU!!!!!!!:D the issue was within the email app...I was never in there and didn't know it exists...hmmmm..I did call *228 earlier and so some changes after programming the phone that were made automatically...maybe that was one of them weird but it worked....thank you soooo much!
    Hope you are enjoying you Inc as much as I do:D

btw I am putting a link for this thread into a different question were ppl asked about there vibration not working...I saw you can change this as well!

7. IamReady

Great! I am loving the Incredible. Enjoy...
    :cool: