• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help what have I done

ayrshiredude

Mar 16, 2010
Ok updated to the latest version of 2.3 and found the battery drained very quickly. Read on another posting about using a program to delete update 1.5.0 so searched and found the following root file "CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1" which installed and seemed to work ok, I did notice that the boot screen changed from I9000 to GT-I9000 however.

Since then I have had continual problems. Nothing seems to want to connect to the net unless its on wi-fi, programs won't update or connect over 3g. I reflashed back to JS8, did a full wipe of cache, internal memory and factory reset and am still having the same issues. I don't know whats up with it now. I now don't seem to be able to connect to anything at all. I keep getting a network error has occured.

Can anyone help me fix this? What do I need to do to restore this to the i-9000 and not the GT-i9000? I don't know if this is the cause of the issues but it seems to be the one thing that has changed and hasn't changed back with factory reset/wipe.

Ok updated to the latest version of 2.3 and found the battery drained very quickly. Read on another posting about using a program to delete update 1.5.0 so searched and found the following root file "CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1" which installed and seemed to work ok, I did notice that the boot screen changed from I9000 to GT-I9000 however.

Since then I have had continual problems. Nothing seems to want to connect to the net unless its on wi-fi, programs won't update or connect over 3g. I reflashed back to JS8, did a full wipe of cache, internal memory and factory reset and am still having the same issues. I don't know whats up with it now. I now don't seem to be able to connect to anything at all. I keep getting a network error has occured.

Can anyone help me fix this? What do I need to do to restore this to the i-9000 and not the GT-i9000? I don't know if this is the cause of the issues but it seems to be the one thing that has changed and hasn't changed back with factory reset/wipe.

This problem wil have nothing to do with the GT part.
When you flash a phone it wil use some branded setting one of those settings is you APN witch alouws you to connect with 3G.

To setup your APN
go to Settings->Wireless and Networks->Mobile networks->Names and accespoints

Select new apn from the menu.

To find the settings for your apng ad this line to google
"APN (Your carrier name) 3G"

This should do the trick ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones