Help what would you do?

Last Updated:

1. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right I have a small issue (I think this is the right place for it) with my phone and phone company.

I have been with 3 for the last 4 years and have upgraded to the X10 recently and here is my issue.

The phone killed my "unlimited data" allowance after 15 days which was a bit of a shock, I have been back into the shop and have been told that the cooling of period is 14 days! How convenient that data runs out after 15 days yet the cooling of period is 14 days hmmmm...

So, the 3 shop has offered me a different phone but have no HTC desires in stock and have said that the best I can do is call customers services and see if they will send me a Desire in the post and buy a

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

Come on folks, just want a yes throw the phone back at em or try and argue for more data.

No technical info required :)

3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

T-Mobile has a FUP* of 3GB. A FUP of 500MB isn't enough. I was on Orange and that would have been 500MB too but when I got my Hero T-Mobile were the better deal and 3 didn't have the Hero at that time.

Ive never been over 1GB even with tethering but can quite easily go over 500MB

Personally I would have gone for the Desire over the X10.

*FUP = Fair Usage Policy

4. powerkiter

Cheer brit gonna hijack my own thread why is the desire better?

Pinch zoom looks nice but Im not to bothered about and I only want an upgrade to Android that lets me view flash videos but from what I have read the X10 will come with this but I'm sure if I kick off then a phone and a free data upgrade will come or I will just take the phone back to the shop and say up yours :)

I love a good cooperate fight over these sorts of things...

5. powerkiter

Right, after a lengthy 4 hour phone call and even a conference call with the customer service centre and the shop I got the contract I have now had the data allowance upped to 2.5gig a month!

But boy was it a fight and all they kept saying was to buy an add on a

6. TheBrit

That's great.

On the Desire over X10 question...HTC Sense is brilliant. Also, the desire has Android 2.1 where the X10 is still on 1.6 and will not get 2.1 until later in the year, by which time the Desire might have 2.2. :)

7. powerkiter

To be fair my mate got the Desire and we both had the LG KC910 before as we both wanted to avoid the iphone and neither of us can tell much difference between the two, there are some things Sence UI does that annoys both of us and vice versa for the X10.

I hate some of the email features on the X10 i.e I cant configure my work email address but I can check it online but I work at the beach and a lot of my advertising is done via google and facebook and the timescape was my selling point for the X10 so it works for me and using 2.1 on my mates Desire and on my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy Portal I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything apart from Dolphin HD oh and maybe multi touch but all the web sites I view show up fine so pinch zoom still seems like a gimmick.

But I understand where your coming from as the updates come faster from HTC and as I saw a post some where:

"Why did Sony Ericsson spend so long locking the phone up to protect from being rooted when they could have left it more open and focused more on getting ver2.1 on there fast?"

8. TheBrit

That's a benefit of Android...you have choice...something Steve Jobs does not like you to have...it's his way or no way.

9. powerkiter

Yep and if one company comes up with a great app or widget then it soon gets copied by others so all the best bits are on all phones :)