• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] when Root HTC m8 _ could not enter recovery mode

hungzzzz

Lurker
Dec 23, 2015
hi everyone,
i'm a newcomer so please forgive me if i ask dumb questions
i have spent days searching and find no answer for this.
Please help me with this:

My HTC m8 (unroot yet-I'm on the way to root it) , after unlock with HTCdev , it show unlock status (and a line"software status: modified" on top of HBOOT - or FLASHBOOT screen)

After unlock, phone reboot and when turn-on, it have an OTA and my M8 has a new android version.

Then i go on with the TWRP recovery file (Fastboot flash recovery ...). BUT after "successful fastboot recovery file" and "erase cache" (more than 10 times with many TWRP version and even CWM recovery), I STILL COULD NOT ENTER RECOVERY MODE!! (every time i hit "power button" to Recovery, it show a white screen for a moment (with HTC logo ...) then come back to Hboot screen again)
i also noted that when i hit "factory reset" nothing happen either.

Yhen i desperately try SU superuser app or TWRP app but they keep asking for rooting first so they help me nothing at this stage.

Could you help me to enter recovery so that i could go in and root my phone?
is there anyway to root my phone (to install custom rom) without entering recovery

Many thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones