• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help, which rom to use?

I have the ascend (from metropcs) and its currently on stock. and I'm debating whether to switch it from stock to cm 6 or cm7.
I'm not sure what is the difference?
can anyone tell me which is better? or if I should do this?

I'm just afraid I'm going to mess it up. It is easy to do this? Also, is rooting and upgrading the rom the same thing?
sorry, I'm so new to android, I'm not sure what I am talking about aha!

I have the ascend (from metropcs) and its currently on stock. and I'm debating whether to switch it from stock to cm 6 or cm7.

I'm just afraid I'm going to mess it up. It is easy to do this? Also, is rooting and upgrading the rom the same thing?

cm7 is your best go...

Reactions: aliciaa1
Upvote 0

No, rooting is not the same thing as flashing a ROM, but you need to be rooted first. Honestly, if you have to ask these kind of questions, you are not ready to flash roms yet. Do some more reading first and make sure you understand what you are doing before you try anything. Hope I don't sound rude, I'm just trying to help you out.

Reactions: aliciaa1
Upvote 0
I know I'm a bit late but, I've tried Icarus 1.1, Cm6, TapouT Rom (I DO NOT suggest this ever), and Cm7. I've found I really love Cm7. A lot. LOL.

Honestly if you feel like getting your hands into it, I'd say try the the ones you are interested in. As long as you follow the instructions and do back-ups you should be fine. Also use Titanium Back-up so you'll have an easier time restoring your apps. :]

Have fun!

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
I know I'm a bit late but, I've tried Icarus 1.1, Cm6, TapouT Rom (I DO NOT suggest this ever), and Cm7. I've found I really love Cm7. A lot. LOL.

Honestly if you feel like getting your hands into it, I'd say try the the ones you are interested in. As long as you follow the instructions and do back-ups you should be fine. Also use Titanium Back-up so you'll have an easier time restoring your apps. :]

Have fun!

i agree with you, tried them all, but cm7 wins for me!!!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones