0.0%
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nexus 7

100.0%
  1. dyeLucky

dyeLucky Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time deciding between 3 tablets...1st off, Im looking for a tablet that I can use a nice (not a cheap) stylus with to write down notes, draw diagrams and other things. the HTC Flyer w/ HTC Scribe pen, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, and the Nexus 7. My problems are:

HTC Flyer - Has 3.2, but will never get 4.0; 7.0"

Samsung Galaxy Tab - No dedicated, certified apps for 'scribing'. Will it ever get 4.0+? Samsung says it will, but who knows...

Nexus 7 - Powerful, has latest OS, but has 7.0" and has no certified 'scribing' app. If it had super notes like the other Asus tablets do, I would be sold!

I am at a crossroad and I've been trying to make this decision for days...Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I'm thinking the Nexus 7.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

And I’m thinking this thread would get more action if it was titled “Which Tab?,” not “HELP!"
    scary alien likes this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

No problem SA. :)

Yeah, I think I would go with the Nexus 7 also.
  6. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I have an N7 and a Flyer. I wouldn't even consider the Flyer at this point as it's so outdated. If the Tab 7.0 isn't going to get 4.0, I wouldn't touch it either. Honeycomb is just miserable to use.
    There's plenty of note taking apps in the Play Store you can take advantage of. I'm not positive about the use of a style on the N7 but I imagine it's possible (much like on an iPad).
  8. dyeLucky

dyeLucky Well-Known Member

FYI...I decided on a Galaxy Tab 8.9. I got the tab + 2 docking stations + trident case + 6 screen protectors on ebay for $370.00...I couldn't pass that deal up!