• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help] Wifi and Sim Error when SD removed !

chainsaw391

Lurker
Jun 24, 2014
Hey droid community, i just rooted my phone with cm along with the right kernels and Gaaps, phone started perfect and beautifully. then i removed my SD card and wifi disappeared and wont find my network and sim became undetectable. i think it might have something to do with me using the files on my SD card to root the phone and that caused it some issues with where to put the files, others recommended i factory reset/wipe cache. same issue. Please help and Thank you!

your phone should operate just fine without a sd card even present. i would restore a stock nandroid backup(you made one,right?) and see if the prollem persists.

if you did not make a backup,first try flashing a stock rom. if you still have issue,you may need to run an RUU.

we could possibly be of more help if you list a link for the rom that you used, and do the following and paste the info(xxxx out your esn,imie,meid):
first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones