• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! wifi won't connect

wgc19136

Lurker
Sep 27, 2010
I have correctly entered my network info and the wep code but when trying to connect to the network it keeps saying unsuccessful.

I have the Westell A-90 router/modem from Verizon. It's about 10 feet away from where I am trying to connect.:thinking:

Any suggestions??

TIA

Bill

Hmm, well firstly I'd reboot both the router and phone :D

Second, check to make sure its really WEP and WPA2 or something.

Third, check the router firmware.

Fourth, check to make sure you aren't filtering on MAC address or that you haven't somehow run out of addressable IPs.

Fifth, check to see if the router is broadcasting in b, g, n, mixed, or what have you. Try setting it to just one and not mixed and see if that helps at all.

Sixth, I ran into a case once where a specific model router was not compatible with my Zune HD (which makes no sense to me since I thought there were standards...), but suffice to say I ended up having to wait a month for a patch. In the meantime, I had to use a different router :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones