HELP ! WiFi won't turn onSupport

1. zxereus

zxereus New Member

Hi folks !

I've had my Galaxy tab 10.1 for over a year, and can't think of anything I have gotten more use out of, and I just love the thing !

However, all of a sudden today out of the blue, the wifi won't turn on.

It just constantly reads "Wi-Fi Turning on".

It never does though, and I touch the box over and over, and although it responds, the box remains unchecked.

I have went over the settings, and I cannot see anything I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

Try a battery pull
  3. zxereus

zxereus New Member

I don't see any screws to remove, does the back just pop off ?
  4. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

I am sorry I assumed that the battery is removeable but do not know that for sure. I would suggest that you call your carrier if you do not see how the back comes off. There are some devices that have fixed batteries that are not removeable but I thought all Samsung devices are removeable.
  5. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

Galaxy Tab batteries are not removable. You need to hold down the power button for about 10 seconds to force a full system reset. I've heard some people say that touching the screen while you do this causes a low level reset, but I've tried it and it doesn't seem to make a difference. If this doesn't work, I would recommend a full factory reset in case it is some software glitch that has fouled up the WiFi drivers - this is a bit more drastic but beats a Tab that won't work over the internet.
  6. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

Could just be trying to lock to your WiFi
    Try rebooting the modem itself, I have to do this a few times a week cause my modem ids dying.

Pep
  7. zimbo77

zimbo77 New Member

I'm having the exact same issue. It was working fine then mid morning it lost wick connection and I haven't been able to turn it back on since. I've taken the hard reset option as I've only had it 3 months so not a lot of data. Unfortunately the hard reset hasn't rectified the issue. Zxereus did u have any luck? Next stop Samsung I guess?
    Any other advice?
  8. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I had a similar problem, and after awhile, relaized I could temporarily fix it by rebooting the wifi router. It turns out that the router was not releasing ip addresses from the pool, so after several days of use with devices entering and going out of range, being powered up/down, etc., all available ip addresses were exhausted. A manufacturer-supplied F/W update provided a permanent fix.
  9. Russto

Russto New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, its 1 1/2 years old. The wifi just quit. All it does now is try to turn on then turns off. The slider button goes over to be turned on but after a couple of minutes goes back over to off.
    I contacted Samsung support, they made a Service Request for me so I could send my tablet off to be repaired. According to the repair center in Plano Texas, I have to pay for shipping the tablet to them and pay for the shipping back to me, plus they wanted $99.00 to fix the tablet. All together its more to have the tablet fixed then it is to buy a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
    I contacted Samsung and they tried to extend the warranty for me so I could get the tablet fixed, but my tablet is too old, so call Samsung and see if they will extend the warranty for you. Myself I'm going to buy another Samsung tablet or maybe a IPAD, who knows.