Help with 2.15 radio and losing 3g

Last Updated: 2010-10-25 12:19:46
  1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

A long time ago I upgraded to the 2.15 radio. Everything worked great except for one thing. Occasionally (once every 2-3 days) my 3g goes off and I can't turn it back on. I'll toggle airplane mode to no avail.

Is there a way I can reflash the 2.15 radio?

I wouldn't even mind returning to stock before re-rooting if thats what it takes.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

I had the 2.15 STOCK when I purchased my phone. Had to do the airplane mode trick almost daily. I downgraded to 2.07 and still have issues.

If you go to the Roms section of this forum there's a sticky with a link to a site that has downloads and instructions for flashing radios.
  3. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

will changing my rom or going back to stock help at all? i didn't have the problem with 2.0
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Man, so many people with this problem all of a sudden. Anybody try loading up a clean install of 2.2?
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I had to flash 2.07 and don't have any problems now. I flashed 2.05 and 2.15 and had issues with both. I really think it just depends. My advice is to find whatever version happens to work for you in your area and stick with it.
  6. khukman

khukman Member

I had this same issue. I believe that it was caused by flashing a Sprint-based ROM on my INC. There is a post on XDA that details the steps that have worked for many. Basically, go back to a stock setup ( I went through S-ON, unrooting/Stock RUU). After you do this, do a "Factory data Rest" under Sd and phone storage settings. This forces you to re-program your phone via *228. I tried all of the above and did not do the FDR, and it did nothing. Once I did the reset, apparently it cleared the PRLs and then I reprogrammed it and was back in business. I was ready to send it back and get a replacement (probably with the new SLCD screen which I didn't want), but this took care of it.

After fixing, I re-rooted, and restored a nandroid backup and everything works great!

Best of wishes,

Rob