Help with a case for a DX, not Otterbox....Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Integraoligist

Integraoligist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Thread moved to the Droid X accessories section.

3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

4. Integraoligist

Integraoligist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that case is just as rediculos priced as the otterbox.

5. cmathis

cmathis Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say that you're not going to get a case like you want for much cheaper than that, at least not one that will protect your phone well. I know you said you don't want an Otterbox because of what you read, but go read other reviews. Look here:

Amazon.com: Droid X Motorola Verizon Black OtterBox (Otter Box) Commuter Series Case: Electronics

That's an awesome price on that case. I have one myself, and I couldn't be any happier with it. The fit is awesome, and the protection is great. Customer service, from what I hear, is great too. I've read about quite a few people who received a replacement case free of charge after something happened to theirs (it was a lemon most likely).

Layered cases like these probably won't fit in the OEM car dock (never tried it myself), but you can get universal car docks, like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Un...SWOQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1291854192&sr=8-3

6. greenhaven

greenhaven New Member

Thanks for sharing the Amazon link and your review. I'm trying to decide between this model and the Seidio Innocase Active. Is it true the button covers are "flimsy"? I wouldn't mind cutting them off if I know the overall case is of good quality.
    I currently have the Body Glove for my DX, but 2 connector tabs broke due to frequent opening. I have the Moto charging dock, which none of these cases will allow the DX to connect to without removing case first.
    Amazon.com: BLACK Body Glove For Motorola Droid X Hard Snap-on Case: Electronics
    I really like the Body Glove, but have now gone through 2 of them. My dog chewed the first one and I can't close the current one due to broken tabs.
    Since you've had real world use with the Otterbox, how would you compare it to the Seidio Innocase Active?
    Thanks! :)

7. cmathis

cmathis Well-Known Member

Yeah, the button covers are flimsy, but they stay in place for the most part. I've only had them come out just a few times, and that's when I caught them on something. It's not a deal breaker for me, and I'm like Monk lol. (Not quite as bad...)

I've never had any experience with the Seidio, so I can't compare the two for you. All I can say is look up reviews and choose the one you think is better. I'm sure you can find some videos on YouTube.