Help with a Gmail problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. benjamin163

benjamin163 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with this problem.
    I got an HTC desire and downloaded gmail which I have started using. It's great.
    It takes all the emails from my home account as well as showing emails from my new gmail address.
    However, when it takes emails from my home account it doesn't leave a copy in that account.
    I like gmail dragging in emails from my home account but I also like having the emails in my home account too.
    I have tried to find the answer on both gmail and my home account settings but can't get to the bottom of it.
    Does anyone know how to drag emails into my gmail account but keep a copy in the original account?
    Any help gratefully received.

Advertisement
  2. Scorpil

Scorpil New Member

You can find options you need in Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP in Gmail.

3. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I am assuming you have set up Gmail to retrieve your "home" emails using "Check mail using POP3" in the Gmail settings. If so Under the "edit info" option there is a setting for "leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server" if you check that it should solve your problem.
    BUT
    As it says in the help "Please note that some email services may still delete your messages when Gmail fetches them. If this option is checked, Gmail will instruct the other domain to leave the messages in place, though the final behavior is up to the other domain.
    If yours does this there is nothing Gmail can do about it. I have experienced this problem myself. My advice would be to abandon Outlook at home and use Gmail for everything.Then it won't be a problem because once the mails are on Gmail you wont need them on the server anyway

4. benjamin163

benjamin163 Active Member This Topic's Starter

You both solved my problem and I'm very grateful, thanks a lot.:)